All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
WhatHappened
join:2004-08-06
Waseca, MN

WhatHappened

Re: [Cable HSI] Channel Bonding

Well Channel Bonding is working again in Waseca, MN. Now they are bonding 4 channels on the down stream instead of 3 channel like in the past. (It only took Mediacom 5 months to address this).

I wonder what the issue was?? (Chad do you know?)

The SNR is lower than it used to be though.

Power Level Signal to Noise Ratio
Channel 0: 1.4 dBmV 33.7 dBmV
Channel 1: 2.5 dBmV 33.5 dBmV
Channel 2: 2.3 dBmV 33.6 dBmV
Channel 3: 2.2 dBmV 33.6 dBmV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upstream Channels

Power Level
Channel 0: 41.3000 dBmV
Channel 1: 0.0000 dBmV
Channel 2: 0.0000 dBmV
Channel 3: 0.0000 dBmV

Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

Yeah, that SNR is looking close to borderline. What does it show if you reset/reboot the modem?
WhatHappened
Waseca, MN

WhatHappened

SNR values are the same after a modem reboot.
WhatHappened

WhatHappened

Well back to no bonding again in Waseca (It has been about a week).

I wonder why Mediacom can't keep their system working consistently?

bulletsam
join:2008-04-08
Charleston, IL

bulletsam to WhatHappened

to WhatHappened
said by WhatHappened:

Well Channel Bonding is working again in Waseca, MN. Now they are bonding 4 channels on the down stream instead of 3 channel like in the past. (It only took Mediacom 5 months to address this).

On this topic...

Why can't Mediacom repair channel bonding in our area, Chad? I have yet to get a honest answer from anyone about this.

WhatHappened lives in a town with a estimated population of 9,477 and has 4 channel bonding. Our town, with a population 21,838 (add 10,417 more for college students) has only 3. We had 4, but they won't repair it.

Why? This "We only use what we need" I've been told by maintenance is BS, in my opinion.
WhatHappened
Waseca, MN

WhatHappened

said by bulletsam:

said by WhatHappened:

On this topic...

Why can't Mediacom repair channel bonding in our area, Chad? I have yet to get a honest answer from anyone about this.

WhatHappened lives in a town with a estimated population of 9,477 and has 4 channel bonding. Our town, with a population 21,838 (add 10,417 more for college students) has only 3. We had 4, but they won't repair it.

Why? This "We only use what we need" I've been told by maintenance is BS, in my opinion.

The size of city doesn't really matter, it is the customer density per node. So your larger town could have twice as many nodes as my town with less density of customers per node.

I think it is/was about 500 customer per node.