spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cynicalhuang3

join:2005-08-24

[FL] Upstream Channel Bonding?

I'm in Gainesville (Central Florida) and finally installed a DOCSIS 3 modem. I'm getting downstream channel bonding, but I'm a little disappointed that there's no upstream bonding. The Cox representative I chatted with through their online tech support wasn't able to tell me when it would arrive in my area. Does anyone here have any idea? Thanks!

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3

No idea, I'm in Ocala and nobody down here has seen it either.

chrisf8657

join:2002-01-27
Glendale, AZ
reply to cynicalhuang3

Could be it's not needed yet, or the equipment needs upgrading. Maybe one of the Cox Techs will chime in.

thedunlap

join:2005-01-31
Gainesville, FL
reply to cynicalhuang3

Gville. East of 13th, south of archer.

Def no upstream bonding.

Tech (see below) said he had no knowledge of when upstream bonding would occur in this market.

Had a lowly tech out today to figure out why I had 60mbps download and .3meg upload. He narrowed the problem down to being likely a damaged cable somewhere on the pole that was causing the packet loss. He said thered be plant truck rolls today following my 8am appointment to resolve the interference. Oddly enough, for the last 6 months my modem has always bonded on upstream channel id 3. After he spent 2.5 hours playing on the polls and trying a new modem with no fix.... he brougt my modem back in the house and it connected to upstream channel id 4 with zero packet loss and 7 meg upload (all prior to the truck rolls).

So today was one of my first experiences with avoiding packet loss/horrible speeds by getting off and on to a channel less susceptible to interference. Now, if we had upstream bonding I fear the trouble shooting involved if just a single flaky upstream channel is losing a packet here and there.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

Were the same market as you guys, I doubt it will come anytime soon. We are dead last on things.

-Rob

thedunlap

join:2005-01-31
Gainesville, FL

I believe you are wrong . I think we were actually ahead of some of the other markets when the local Cox plant was upgraded to 1ghz.