spc
uniqs

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to telcodad

to telcodad

Re: DVR Extender w/Moto Boxes

Still don't know what that means for the software update we're waiting for in the Cisco areas.
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

said by Mike Wolf:

Still don't know what that means for the software update we're waiting for in the Cisco areas.

The Cisco areas already support DVR Extenders and have for a long time and the S26 Guide software update will continue this support so it means nothing for the Cisco areas. It is only important to Motorola areas that don't currrently have DVR Extender support.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Not what I was referring to, was referring to the lack of accomplishment on anything else by Comcast television regarding New Jersey such as the S26 software or the firmware updates.
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

In general, the more time Comcast spends on guides (A30 & S26) for legacy set top boxes, the longer it will take for Comcast to deploy the X1 guide to all Comcast areas in the country. This leads me to think that these legacy set top boxes will be around for a long time.
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by Russ6:

In general, the more time Comcast spends on guides (A30 & S26) for legacy set top boxes, the longer it will take for Comcast to deploy the X1 guide to all Comcast areas in the country. This leads me to think that these legacy set top boxes will be around for a long time.

Yep anything more than about 4 years old won't get the X1 Guide, so Comcast will have a large base of legacy STBs, considering Comcast still won't take DCT-2000s out of service...