Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

Shameless -- VOD

I went to watch the latest episode of Shameless on VOD and the only option there was for in SD. All other episodes had an HD option. Anybody else seeing this?

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

said by kes601:

I went to watch the latest episode of Shameless on VOD and the only option there was for in SD. All other episodes had an HD option. Anybody else seeing this?

Not sure about Shameless but I do notice quite often the latest episode of series will be SD for abit till the HD flavor shows up (Top Chef, Walking dead to name 2). Probably just a matter of waiting for the network to complete their uploads.

psg

@verizon.net
reply to kes601

I see the same thing, really annoying.

md492

@verizon.net

Same deal in VHO7 - VOD updates have sucked for a number of weeks now. I doubt its a vendor issue and feel like it is more a Verizon issue. Why else would all the sudden networks take days to update? There have even been issues with HBO updates which have never had a problem in the past.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit

said by md492 :

I doubt its a vendor issue and feel like it is more a Verizon issue.

Each network is responsible for its VOD content (hence why all the VOD folders are not uniform). Guess some Showtime employees need a wakeup call...

jdjr

@verizon.net
reply to kes601

Even though the networks are responsible for this, it seems that they favor comcast, because its the shows are available in HD over there the next day. I can't stand comcast, but FIOS needs to get its act together when in comes to On Demand

djoropallo

join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ
reply to kes601

When I call and ask they claim they are not responsible, they pay whoever supplies VOD so in reality they are responsible. Comcast owns VOD so of course they favor themselves, but Verizon barely offers anu compared to Comcast. Funny, Comcast was just at my door offering everything, 4 TVs, X1, HD, every channel, DVR for $126/month for a year. Might have to switch and see who is offering better in a year, I haven't been wowed by FIOS for the past 2 years.

ncaaan26

@verizon.net
reply to kes601

Anyone thinking it's the networks and not Verizon or whoever Verizon uses on the back end has got to be kidding themselves. Multiple networks are not updating till days after the expected update date. All of the nets are not part of one media company - it's across the board. This isnt a conspiracy - it's obvious that something is going on.