All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Nordy
join:2007-10-20

Nordy

[Help] How to watermark entire image like google earths maps

Have you seen the watermarks on Google Earths Maps? They repeat every 50 px or so. One watermark is at the top left corner, then middle left, then bottom left, then middle, then right etc etc. Its all over the Image.

Any idea what I can use to do something like that? I wanted to put my email all over a few images that way.

The images I'm trying to watermark, are not the same size.

I presently use FastStone Photo Resizer.

Thanks.

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium Member
join:2005-05-21
Winnipeg, MB

1 recommendation

rcroning

Premium Member

Why would you need to have so many watermarks? If you are trying to market your images, this can be quite distracting.

A better way is to have a small copyright notice in one of the corners and make the image small enough, so reproduction to larger sizes is not possible. Usually 800px on the long side seems to be the common size.

Nordy

Nordy

I'm watermarking huge images. I have an old monopoly game that i've photographed and sending to a game collector.

layer
@comcast.net

layer to Nordy

Anon

to Nordy
in any photo editing program, make a black and white image of the text you want in the layout you want in the font you want. save it.

take that image and set its transparency to taste, say 90%, and paste it on top of your other images.

Nordy

Nordy to rcroning

to rcroning
I ended up using this tutorial:
»www.photoshopessentials. ··· pyright/

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium Member
join:2005-05-21
Winnipeg, MB

rcroning to Nordy

Premium Member

to Nordy
Thanks for the tutorial link. But I still don't see the need for so much watermarking if you are only shooting pictures of a board game you want to sell. Hi-res or not, I can't see anyone wanting to hang an image of a collectible board game on their living room wall But then again, who knows what some people will do for decorating their homes.

If it were fine art and you were trying to market the images, then maybe. Even then, I would go with one tiny watermark and a lo-res image.

But I guess it boils down to individual choice.
Expand your moderator at work