spc
uniqs
Soldier78
join:2013-01-14
Belleville, NJ

Soldier78 to Immer

to Immer

Re: [Classes] Warlock 5.0.5

So I'm back after a two years and I was doing great leveling up from 85 to 90 as Destro. I'm trying to do affliction since its top dps and on single target I'm good but I'm horrible on trash and AoE on heroics, should I even care? Probably not and can anyone explain the major changes in 5.2 since I'm trying to get back in the swing of things thanks

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

The only changes talked about recently are a reduction of "spread" range down from 15 yards to 10 yards on Seed of Corruption, Soulburn:Curse of Elements, and Fire and Brimstone.

Other banter that has been going on throughout the testing is changing the ember and soulshard glyphs to not allow four of each any longer as well as possibly nerfing the Sac of Grimoire talent so that warlocks do not do more dps without a minion out. Keeping to the theme, Blizz would prefer to see warlocks with minions. Have not seen anything definite on these things lately though.

Oh, and we get a questline for green fire.
Carpie

Carpie to Soldier78

to Soldier78
Also for AoE targets, it largely depends on how long the mobs are going to last. If they are going to be around awhile:

Four or less: Soulburn: Spread the dots on each. Maintaing dots is the priority and will probably keep you busy but you can throw in some haunts and mal grasps here and there.

5-8: Soulburn:Seed of Corruption and Curse. Then get your dots on as many as possible. Probably the right answer is to manually apply agony on as many as you can, but I generally use the last two shards and then go into a rain of fire until seed pops and I get more shards then use those to dot up any leftovers. Using opinion only (not testing or any theoretical tools), I'd guess this is the way to go for more than 8 mobs that will last awhile. And will want to spread your seed again if it drops and there is still time.

If they are going to be downed in less than 10 seconds (as many are in the LFRs), you can still pop the seed and curse spread and then go into a rain of fire. Or my favorite, use harvest of life (talent). Not because it is the greater dps solution (though I'm sure it's not too far off), but mostly because it is just awesome to see all the green tentacles reaching out all over the place sucking the life from the mobs. One of my favorite visuals of the lock spell toolkit.