uniqs
share rss forum feed

Telco

join:2008-12-19
Reviews:
·Callcentric

1 edit

[HELP] ASA5505 > cable modem interface

Anyone have an idea how I can access (link) the cable modem's private config/status page on the outside (interface/port) to the inside network?

Basically, the cable modem's config page is 192.168.100.1 and I cannot seem to access this from the inside - 10 base IPs. I've tried adding a static route to it but it doesn't do anything.

Thanks

aryoba
Premium,MVM
join:2002-08-22
kudos:4

Try to put the cable modem IP subnet as part of PAT range where the PAT-ed IP address is within the IP subnet range. Depending on your network requirement, you may need to create two separate PAT groups which one is for Internet access and another is for the cable modem access.

In addition, make sure you don't use the IP subnet internally to avoid conflicts.

WireHead
I drive to fast
Premium
join:2001-05-09
Muncie, IN
reply to Telco

On Comcast's network, if the public's are on the ASA then you can just open a browser and use the ASA's gateway IP.. The ASA's gateway is the cable modem.. The ones around here the Comcast gateway is the last IP in your subnet.
--
Retired BBR Team Starfire Team Q III Host
Live by chance. Love by choice. Kill by profession.

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:13
reply to Telco

What's your ASA's current config? So long as routing-wise the ASA says "192.168.100.1 is on my outside"
interface, there shouldn't be anything special to do or configure.

Regards

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:8

Unless it's PPPoE, at which point you cannot talk to anything local to the interface. (read: for dhcp, your default route should do the trick)