Devanchya
Smile
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON

Devanchya

Premium Member

At a cross-roads

I'm sitting a cross-roads... wondering what to do...

My contract is expiring, but it's being renewed.

The problem is, the vendor is changing and I don't know what the deal is yet. It could be a major pay cut, loss of pension, etc etc... but better than no job.

I could look for a new position in with the current vendor I am at, but that too will be a pay-change and may only be short term.

It's amazing how life seems to throw you curve balls just when your putting your bat away...

Oh, and the end-date is the same as the date my 2nd son is due...

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

I thought you were a permanent employee, not on contract. It is reasons like this that I avoid contract positions.

I have no advice to offer.

I know someone who had been here on contract for 7 or 8 years finally left just because they did not like how things were going.
donoreo

donoreo to Devanchya

Premium Member

to Devanchya
Here is something that may help: »www.theglobeandmail.com/ ··· 7957678/

Devanchya
Smile
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON

Devanchya to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
I am permanent employee, but working as a vendor contractor. So basically I either move to the new vendor or look for a position with the vendor at a different contract.

Either way major change when I was hoping for a bit of stability.

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to Devanchya

to Devanchya
said by Devanchya:

I'm sitting a cross-roads... wondering what to do...

My contract is expiring, but it's being renewed.

The problem is, the vendor is changing and I don't know what the deal is yet. It could be a major pay cut, loss of pension, etc etc... but better than no job.

I could look for a new position in with the current vendor I am at, but that too will be a pay-change and may only be short term.

It's amazing how life seems to throw you curve balls just when your putting your bat away...

Oh, and the end-date is the same as the date my 2nd son is due...

Been there. It sucks. But life sucks sometime. I had similar experience on exact Sep 11Th 2001. I was on brief contract and was about to be renewed for long time. Most of their business was imports from US and clearing auto parts. So had to find new one.

At least you are young and will have no problems finding a new one.