spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA

Patch 5.2 Resolutions - What's in store for you?

With Patch 5.2 just around the corner (I heard a rumor at work today that we're 2 weeks out - anyone able to check MMO Champ?), does anyone have plans to change up anything about their WoW life for the next raid tier?

I'm planning to finish leveling my warrior in the next weeks so that I can PvP on him next season as my main PvP character. My druid and mage will both cap points weekly, but maybe not much more than that.

Will still be running guardian as a main spec, but I think I'll return my dps off spec to balance for those 1-tank fights. I've really never much enjoyed energy-based dps classes.

How about you guys?
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Feral PvP Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[16/16N] [1/16H] MVS/HoF/ToES

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

Here my friend:

»Patch 5.2 coming Feb 26th

For me it will be becoming serious with PvP, I will take this gear "reset" for me and whoever wants to join me to start Arena and RBGs teams.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Eumaeus

My goal is to get back into the game prior to the release...this whole PCS thing has thrown me off my game a little. (I haven't logged on since mid-December) Hopefully the contacts I've made on the Oceanic server I plan on moving to will all hold true and I'll be able to fill a raid spot in the guild I've been looking at. The GM seems like a nice fellow and we've spoken a few times via email.

If that doesn't work out, I guess I'll level a new toon and try to get in with an up and coming 10 man guild on the server (Thaurissan).
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

xenograffiti

@unt.edu
reply to Eumaeus

Normally the approach of new content gets me motivated to finish things or start preparing, but the 5.2 announcement hasn't had that effect.

I am looking forward to the new content, but really there isn't anything for me to start or bring to a close. When 5.2 comes I'll just switch my dailies and hit up the new raid.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA
reply to Eumaeus

Oops! I'd somehow overlooked the other thread when I made this one. I suppose the conversation may have a slightly different direction than the other thread. If not, this one could certainly be deleted.

The patch will be a fairly nice gear reset for PvP, but I wonder how painful the catch-up will be for PvE. Still sad that the Malevolent gear you'll buy with honor is significantly downgraded from this season's real Malevolent gear.
--

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
reply to Eumaeus

For me 5.2 is coming too soon (only because I'm so far behind). My main focus is PvE and I've only been through Mog Vaults once so far in normal mode with a PuG. I was initially planning on trying to dive into PvP (like my friend Jobbie has done so well) once 5.2 hit so I could reap the benefit of the "catch-up" changes. But that's going to have to wait now that I moved a toon over to raid with the PnE crew. So my goals (as they stand today) are:

1) Get my Priest on Ravencrest raid ready quickly (which means a bunch of daily work) so that I can sponge off the experience and leadership of the PnE crew with raids.

1) Continue to log my two mains on Eredar to do make my daily imperial silk, sha crystal, and learn my last few inscription recipes. Also have to keep the farm up on the main to keep the mats for the sha crystals coming.

1) Continue to develop my guild on Eredar and work with my top guildies to get a core 10 raid ready (and hopefully one day get to use the experience gained from PnE).

2) Get my mage and paladin from lvl 88 to 90. Also need to finish the Klaxxi rep on the paladin to get the BS recipes and get him ready for the 5.2 BS recipes. I'd like to get the mage raid ready also (basically just want to be able to compare my lock/spriest/mage dps against one another).

2.5ish) Get my Bear up to level 90 for another solid tank (plus he's my LW).

2.6ish) Continue to BG with my warrior with hopes to one day follow in Jobbie's footsteps.

Other than that, not really much to do

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Eumaeus

I think this thread is perfect to show what are our plans for 5.2 while the other thread is about the changes themselves.
--

Carpie

united state
reply to Carpie

Oh yeah... and RL. Somewhere in that mix I need to throw stay engaged with my wife and family to be a good dad and husband. As well as carve out 50 hrs a week to keep them fed and taken care of. I can't say I'm bored, I'll give you that.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to Eumaeus

I guess I'll try to get motivated long enough to level my warrior past 40.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA
reply to Carpie

So glad to be in the position right now where my wife plays and raids with me and there are no kids just yet, haha!

I'm excited that my guild has finally really settled into a good flow / regular attendance the last few weeks. We were much slower to progress this tier than I'd initially hoped, but I feel like we'll have a good pace for the next tier.

My other persistent goal of PokeWoW will continue. I'm up to 372/400 for the collect 400 achievement. The damned Minfernal is still dodging me with great success, but apart from him I'll be ready to earn my Zookeeper title from the safari achievements once the 'summer only' pet starts spawning. Just have a small handful left to get in Pandaria with nothing exceptionally hard to find.
--

Carpie

united state
reply to Eumaeus

Damn. And now I was stupid enough to read the article on the Love is in the Air seasonal event. Where am I going to find time to fit in getting the mounts, pets, and title?!?!

I mean really... chicks DIG a man with a Big Love Rocket.

And how cool is having a title of "The Love Doctor".
(Ok it's The Love Fool, but still...)

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Snakeoil

said by Snakeoil:

I guess I'll try to get motivated long enough to level my warrior past 40.

Do it man, Warriors are awesome.
--

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Eumaeus

I'm working on a paladin atm the moment to faction change to horde so I can go holy/ret for pvp. My old pally(before I sold him) was #4 for holy pallies in pvp. I miss playing a paladin and my guild is amazed at how good I am with him. I kind of want to stay ally though. If anyone is down to run ally side for dungeons let me know. I think hes 81 or 82 atm. Pushing 85 tonight and 90 by the weekend.

Cake
Premium
join:2009-09-29
united state
reply to Eumaeus

I am going to raid with a nice guild my husband found recently.

I spent most of Cata and the first part of MOP just doing PvP so it will be a nice little change to raid again. This guild will only raid on Saturday nights so it will be low pressure.

Obtaining PvE gear is annoying.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Jobbie

My prospective Aussie guild is now 8/16H. Since I've not played since mid-December, I pray they're feeling charitable...at least in the start.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Cake

said by Cake:

Obtaining PvE gear is annoying.

Cheers for doing your PvP to PvE switch, I am doing the other way around.

Change is fun!
--