Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

Is it nap time?

Really, is it? Since shovelling so much Friday I have not had the chance to sleep in at all and I still feel tired. Saturday morning the girls have swimming. Sunday morning a little girl woke early and got in bed beside me (which is really ok aside from getting woken up).

Here it is Tuesday and I am still tired. I did not get sore from the work, just tired.

I have tried going to bed earlier the last couple of nights but I have not fallen asleep much earlier than normal.

Still, nap time at work could do wonders for productivity. I know I can lay down and in just 10 minutes or so feel much more wide awake.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1

Yup...nap time it is.... Maybe Canada needs a siesta north type of nap....

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

said by vue666:

Yup...nap time it is.... Maybe Canada needs a siesta north type of nap....

That is a good idea.

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to donoreo

When I read the headline it I thought this thread is like one.

But it's not. I think some companies (very few in Canada) have Nap time.

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to donoreo

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
reply to donoreo

said by donoreo:

Still, nap time at work could do wonders for productivity. I know I can lay down and in just 10 minutes or so feel much more wide awake.

Years ago I was working a job where I needed to put in at least 3 hours extra (on site). I would kick out of work around 2pm (I worked 7-3:30), come home, have a swim, go back and work the extra time. I was amazed how I could do this for weeks without being tired. Yet, need to stay late, and I can be terminally beat. That break somewhere during the day really helps.

Well, that plus I can be way more effective when there's none of the usual people around after normal plant/office hours.