join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Cannot access diagnostic page

Click for full size
Just swapped my Arris CM820 for a Cisco DPC3000 and I cannot access the diagnostic page. This is what I get when I enter 192.168.100.1

I am hoping I did not end up with a hacked modem or one with malware on it. I click on the link at the bottom of the page and I get a strange website.

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
On my DPC3008 the main page is

»192.168.100.1/Docsis_system.asp

Try with a computer instead of an iPhone.

I don't know about that link though.

nysports4evr
Premium
join:2010-01-23
reply to IowaCowboy
Your browser most likely cached a redirect from your old modem to a URL that no longer exists on your new modem. Clear cache.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
reply to IowaCowboy
This modem is a dud, I think the firmware is corrupted as I get a bunch of html code when I try to load it.

I just had Comcast provision my old phone modem (that I own) on the phone side. I am going to go back to purchased modems.

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6

NetFixer
Bah Humbug
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
reply to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

This modem is a dud, I think the firmware is corrupted as I get a bunch of html code when I try to load it.

I just had Comcast provision my old phone modem (that I own) on the phone side. I am going to go back to purchased modems.

I would ask which Apple cable modem you are planning to use, but...
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

itoona

@comcast.net
reply to Darknessfall
I was also provisioned with a DPC3000 when my old D2 modem started injecting noise. the DPC3000 web pages check for the browser type/version, checks for IE version specifically. I use mainly Mac's and have found that the Firefox and Camino browsers seem to handle the web page OK, but Safari, Chrome, Opera do not - just echo back the raw HTML. I can only get to this status page, but the other pages such as the logs are password protected.