uniqs
share rss forum feed

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

Windows 7 and Office 2013

If you're on Windows 7 and decide to install Office 2013 --- Don't do it --- for some [perhaps many] Windows 7 users its a SHOCK

If your on Windows 8 Office 2013 is perfect.

One of my clients just upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and at the same time upgraded his Office 2007 to Office 2010 and that went very smoothly --- then for some reason HE decided he wanted to go to Office 2013 and after the install a lot of stuff [far too many to mention] did not work the way he likes plus the LOOK of Office 2013 threw him completely off -- he is FURIOUS.
--
David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
Information Technology for Home and Business

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1

Aside from the stupid horizontal scroll in Word, I don't see it as being "that" different from Office 2010.

H2OuUp2
Happy to be here
Premium
join:2002-03-15
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to mozerd

I have Win7 and Office 2013. I love it. It didn't uninstall my version of 2010 either (even Outlook).

I can run both, but 2013 is much better in most aspects. I agree I liked the look of 2010 better, and I liked the Word Art better in 2010, but there are too many things I like better about 2013 to mention here.
--
He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to mozerd

I think the biggest mistake your client did was an in-place upgrade instead of a clean install.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben