how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

floyd007

join:2004-06-07
Richmond, VA

1 GbPs speed is not warranted at this time for homes

unless you happen own a small to medium business. Google is losing money each and every time they lay fibre optics to a dwelling. Then again Google has irresponsibly spent shareholder money on frivolous ventures.

aciddrink

join:2000-08-26

Re: 1 GbPs speed is not warranted at this time for homes

said by floyd007:

Then again Google has irresponsibly spent shareholder money on frivolous ventures.

Do you have any examples? Other than your clear opinion on Google's Fiber project?

Expanding a business foothold and/or branching out is hardly irresponsible, in my opinion (As a prior stock holder).
MURICA

join:2013-01-03
Thanks for your input, Mitt Romney.
Gami00

join:2010-03-11
Mississauga, ON
said by floyd007:

unless you happen own a small to medium business. Google is losing money each and every time they lay fibre optics to a dwelling. Then again Google has irresponsibly spent shareholder money on frivolous ventures.

i'm not sure i understand this one...
"irresponsibly spent shareholder money"....
umm last year their stock price was $550 or so.. this year it's $700.

it seems like their doing fine at meeting shareholder interests..
Kamus

join:2011-01-27
El Paso, TX
Can you please back up your statement with some facts? like the exact price of the components compared to a copper install?
(i don't think you have a clue)

Ignite
Premium,VIP
join:2004-03-18
UK
Reviews:
·PlusNet
said by floyd007:

It's called capital expenditure. Investing money in the hope of receiving it back plus more over a pay back period.

Every network is the same, the difference is only in the pay back period and whether it's achieved.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2

1 recommendation

said by floyd007:

Then again Google has irresponsibly spent shareholder money on frivolous ventures.

This is typical of the 'Give me money for sitting on my ass' shareholder entitlement mentality that is ruining the country.

1 GbPs speed is not warranted at this time for homes
unless you happen own a small to medium business.

By who's definition? There are plenty of people that would take this service if it were $30/mo like it should be. I know I would. People with the 'not needed' argument seem not to understand the idea of multiple simultaneous connections doing multiple tasks. The real sentiment is 'We aren't done squeezing you so you will wait until WE profit from upgrading you'.
russotto

join:2000-10-05
West Orange, NJ
said by floyd007:

GOOG is near its all time high. Feel free to sell.
cferro

join:2003-07-27
Jersey City, NJ
Google wanted to be the first guy on the block to provide the consumer with 1Gbp of service, whether they can use it or not.