share rss forum feed

daveinpoway
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA
kudos:2

1 recommendation

11 year-old creating malware to steal game passwords

"Security firm AVG thinks it has spotted a disturbing new threat in its latest threat report – children with enough programming skills to code and distribute their own malware.

The company said it had recently reverse-engineered one piece of malware that turned out to be the handiwork of an 11 year-old Canadian boy intent on stealing passwords used to access games such as Team Fortress.":

»news.techworld.com/security/3425···wsletter

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

2 recommendations

Once computers became the de riguer for everyone, including babies, it was bound to happen. Young kids are cutting their teeth on it, including coding, and no amount of security engineering can be/is used to keep up with it. If I sound upset, I am. If kids want it, they're going to get it.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

said by jaykaykay:

Once computers became the de riguer for everyone, including babies, it was bound to happen. Young kids are cutting their teeth on it, including coding, and no amount of security engineering can be/is used to keep up with it. If I sound upset, I am. If kids want it, they're going to get it.

Soon babies will make malwares and social engineering! ;P
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3

2 recommendations

reply to daveinpoway

"Malware coding made so easy, even a child can do it."

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24

1 recommendation

reply to antdude

Nothing would surprise me!

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18

1 recommendation

reply to Blackbird

Or better yet, "Malware for Dummies, ages 2 and up." Yeah, I look forward to finding that in the software aisle.

Regards

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big

2 recommendations

reply to daveinpoway

Coding is easy, ethics is hard.