share rss forum feed

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

1 recommendation

Renewed: Arrow, Supernatural, and Vampire Diaries.

All have been renewed for another full season.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Woo-hoo!!!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

Agreed. I'm really liking Arrow and Vampire Diaries is my guilty pleasure
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
reply to darcilicious

I like Arrow as well. So I can look forward to that. I am still trying to find time to give Supernatural a try.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

said by Voxxjin:

I like Arrow as well. So I can look forward to that. I am still trying to find time to give Supernatural a try.

Ditto. I have watched the first couple of episodes of Supernatural on Netflix and like it, but the TV watching takes a hit when grad school is in session (last semester!).

I usually watch Arrow on Friday nights on the DVR when my brain is fried from a week of work and school. Definitely a guilty pleasure, and the back story is very interesting.
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to darcilicious

We used to watch Vampire Dairies, surprised that teen angst crap is still on the air. We haven't watched it in 2, maybe 3 years.

I wish they'd do a series based on Anne Rice's Vampires. But that'd have to be showtime/HBO/Starz, or maybe a cable network.
Arrow is ok, Happy to see Supernatural is sticking around. I think Supernatural will go 10 years [like Smallville], then end. But hell, 8, 9, 10 years is a life time today for a series, that manages to keep it's original cast members.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

So CW doesn't prematurely cancel shows for any reason. I'm not used to this.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

Bwahahahaha! Good one!

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to darcilicious

said by darcilicious:

Agreed. I'm really liking Arrow and Vampire Diaries is my guilty pleasure

Incidentally... The Vampire Diaries is going to do a spin off called The Originals, starring Joseph Morgan as Klaus. The Originals will air sometime in April.

Edit: Update Huffington Post interview Joseph Morgan on The Originals.

--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to darcilicious

I read somewhere that the contracts are up for the main actors in Supernatural. The show may be renewed but the studio still has to sign the actors to new contracts.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

Two different articles from the same site claimed the actors have already agreed to season 9 (and 10) -- the first article from last October.

»screenrant.com/supernatural-seas···renewal/

And this article uses the word "signed":

»www.hypable.com/2012/08/05/super···seasons/

So I think the show is good to go
--

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to darcilicious

The wife enjoys Arrow but I can't get into it. I try to watch it with her but 6-8 minutes into the show I'm off doing something else since it couldn't hold my interest. I think it's just because Stephen Amell doesn't seem like Oliver Queen to me. I wish they would have gotten Justin Hartley.
--
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

It's always hard when you have "somebody" else in mind for a character portrayed on TV or in the movies, I agree. But I have zero pre-knowledge of this "story" so it's been very enjoyable

(Not to mention the eye candy... )
--

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by darcilicious:

It's always hard when you have "somebody" else in mind for a character portrayed on TV or in the movies, I agree. But I have zero pre-knowledge of this "story" so it's been very enjoyable

They also changed stuff quite a bit which I guess is why he's no longer "Green Arrow" but just "Arrow". The story/character GA has been around over 70 years now and these rewrites/reboots can be good or bad.
--
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO

2 recommendations

said by Draiman:

said by darcilicious:

They also changed stuff quite a bit which I guess is why he's no longer "Green Arrow" but just "Arrow". The story/character GA has been around over 70 years now and these rewrites/reboots can be good or bad.

My brother is a huge DC comics fan and he hates Arrow, though he watches it every week. He says they made the character way too much like Batman.
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

said by footballdude:

said by Draiman:

said by darcilicious:

My brother is a huge DC comics fan and he hates Arrow, though he watches it every week. He says they made the character way too much like Batman.

I agree with your brother.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to darcilicious

said by darcilicious:

Agree. Like you I don't know a lot about GA. I was aware of him from comics (usually a crossover type thing) and such but never knew his back story. So that helps.

I had a difficult time when the new BSG came out. My mind always kept the original BSG so the differences in cylons, Baltar and such didn't always go over well with me. Kinda like how I am not too accepting of the new Star Trek movies.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
reply to darcilicious

»www.imdb.com/name/nm2322853/mediaindex

Vampire Diaries has gotten too yucky ..........they need to kill the annoying Elena off and focus on Rebekka.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

rlt2562
The Wizard of Speed and Time
Premium
join:2002-12-23
Haughton, LA

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious

I enjoy Arrow, but Thea, the poor-little-pouty-rich-girl, is beginning to annoy me. I get that you have to have some tension within the family, but I really wish they'd send her off to boarding school for at least 6 episodes.

Supernatural never ceases to amaze me. The writers still manage to hold my interest, even after all these years!

I've not seen one episode of Vampire Diaries. I'll quote the comedian whose name I can't remember at the moment: 'I don't care, I don't care.....'.

--
You may say I'm a Dreamer.... But I'm not the only one.....

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

said by rlt2562:

I enjoy Arrow, but Thea, the poor-little-pouty-rich-girl, is beginning to annoy me. I get that you have to have some tension within the family, but I really wish they'd send her off to boarding school for at least 6 episodes.

I hear ya. However, she does give me a chuckle in an unintended way. Even though the actress is in her low 20s, which is usually a reasonable reach to pull off a high school student, when she's in that silly schoolgirl outfit she looks like a stripper at a bachelor party.
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO
reply to rlt2562

said by rlt2562:

I've not seen one episode of Vampire Diaries.

I haven't, either. Is that series based on one of the many vampire novels that persist these days or is it something new? I know True Blood is based on the Sookie Stackhouse novels, though I've never watched that series, either.
--

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vampir···_series)

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC
reply to darcilicious

I remember when SN first came on never thought it would run this long. Never thought X-Files would run as long as it did either.

footballdude
Premium
Imperial, MO

said by Varlik:

I remember when SN first came on never thought it would run this long. Never thought X-Files would run as long as it did either.

Urban fantasy is a hot seller in the book market. Makes sense a TV show in the same vein would do well.
--