Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
reply to plencnerb

Re: [WIN8] What happens if you install Win 8 CP or RP now?

Well, I went out of the house for a bit to run to the store, and left things up and running (just turned off the monitor). Came back home, and things were as I left them.

No reboot, no message about things not working. System uptime is now over 5 hours.

So, I did a reboot (first reboot btw since the install was complete). Was able to login without a problem. No messages, warnings, or pop-ups about things going to stop working, or that I need to uninstall and install a real version, etc.

I did clear the event logs before the reboot. Once the reboot was done, I see no Critical or Error events. I have only 2 warning events. One has to do with a USB SD card reader (no driver), and the other has to do with open registry keys, and they were closed on shutdown.

It appears to me at this point that all the fuss and stuff about the previews not working after 01/15/2013 is not all its cracked up to be. Unless I'm missing something, I would think I would be able to run this version for a very long time.

I'm going to leave it up here for a few more hours, just to see if anything strange does happen. I got a feeling that nothing will, but we will wait and see.

I would be interested to hear what other people think of this, and if anyone has any thoughts as to why things still appear to work without any issues, even though it is well past 01/15/2013.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail