spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

greg000000

@67.221.255.x

How do I port my number to another carrier (from viatalk)

I've been trying to port my number from ViaTalk to SimpleMobile for months and have made, actually, literally, 23 calls, averaging an hour each, trying to do this. They keep telling me the information is incorrect, and ask me to resubmit all the info OVER AND OVER AND OVER. I'm willing to try to port it to T-Mobile monthly 4g instead at this point.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Gershom 1624

@optonline.net

said by greg000000 :

I've been trying to port my number from ViaTalk to SimpleMobile for months and have made, actually, literally, 23 calls, averaging an hour each, trying to do this. They keep telling me the information is incorrect....

Who is THEY?

Which company?

Your NEW company should be handling the port.

Now, if SimpleMobile keeps telling you that the info is wrong, it probably IS.

You need to escalate to a higher support level, and find out which info is wrong.

It is probably that ViaTalk has your current number registered as "ViaTalk" instead of being in your name.

A common issue, among all providers.

If that's the case, you can then ask ViaTalk to fix it.

Or, a sophisticated carrier can often get the number ported anyway.

But Simple Mobile is, well, simple. They are owned by TracFone and are not known for high-class support.

If you had asked Verizon Wireless to do the port, this probably would have been done long ago.

So yeah, try T-Mobile. Nothing to lose at this point....

DaveDude
No Fear

join:1999-09-01
New Jersey
kudos:1
reply to greg000000

what you could do, is move your number to a wireless carrier prepaid month to month, lets say ATT. Once the port occurs, you could wait a billing cycle and move it again to SimpleMobile . The key is to get to a main carrier.