spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1

[Internet] Is the 50/10 service worth it? (Currently on 25/10)

How are people on FTTN liking the 50mbit service? I am having a hard time justifying the $25 price jump to my wife. We do everything in the house over the net now. And not to mention P2P.

Worth the 25 meg increase or what?

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

Re: [Internet] Is the 50/10 service worth it? (Currently on 25/1

said by coaxguy:

How are people on FTTN liking the 50mbit service? I am having a hard time justifying the $25 price jump to my wife. We do everything in the house over the net now. And not to mention P2P.

Worth the 25 meg increase or what?

If you have the money, I guess.

taraf

join:2011-05-07
Stittsville, ON
reply to coaxguy

Asking the wrong person... I have a hard time justifying the increase in price from the 15/10 to 25/10.... it's fast enough to watch Netflix in best quality, same for Youtube, multiple streams at the same time, and download pretty quickly. We've got 3 heavy Internet users in the house, with a NAS appliance handling multiple torrents (seeding a few Linux distros, as well as downloading some stuff), and we have not noticed any issues.

If you do a *lot* of downloading, constantly, then it may make a difference for you, but for a residential connection you probably won't notice the difference.

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·Start Communicat..

said by taraf:

Asking the wrong person... I have a hard time justifying the increase in price from the 15/10 to 25/10.... it's fast enough to watch Netflix in best quality, same for Youtube, multiple streams at the same time, and download pretty quickly. We've got 3 heavy Internet users in the house, with a NAS appliance handling multiple torrents (seeding a few Linux distros, as well as downloading some stuff), and we have not noticed any issues.

If you do a *lot* of downloading, constantly, then it may make a difference for you, but for a residential connection you probably won't notice the difference.

Your words of wisdom are appreciated. Will stick with 25/10 and do something more productive with the $25 like added it to my sons RESP monthly....