share rss forum feed

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

1 recommendation

reply to seamore

Re: Ads in online streaming videos

They are proving something for FREE - without ads - you would have to PAY to see the video. Servers, internet connections, and support are not free.

Many are part of public companies - Google owns YouTube and they eventually will need to show some earnings.

Remember the 'free' internet provider NetZero - yea - they had to give that up since there was no viable way to pay for the equipment.

Many websites started as free - providing data or service - but that was done while the 'free' money from VM's or their rich partners ended.

Either pay for the service or get it for free and deal with the ads. There is no such thing as money for nothing - or getting chicks for free.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
I'll gladly see YouTube cease to exist, then, before I either put up with that volume of ads or pay them any money. They are hardly a life necessity.

My business has paid Google enough money in AdWords costs -- as have thousands of other businesses, I suspect -- to make it slightly hard for me to sympathize with them on the issue of their costs.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
It is not just Google that does this - many others do as well. So no sympathy needed but people need to figure out that you don't get thing like that for free.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC
kudos:1
Actually, many other sites are worst than YouTube...