spc
uniqs
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray to rradina

to rradina

Re: Demand

Those streaming services don't provide the same content that is available on pay-tv.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Who cares. I don't watch a lot of TV anyway and if I have to switch from time-filling crappy reality TV shows and old crappy movies, what's the difference?
elray
Santa Monica, CA

elray

The public cares. If you can't obtain equivalent services via streaming, cord-cutting ain't gonna happen much.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Yeah, cord cutters aren't real and are of no concern:

»Dish Boss Ergen: Cord Cutters Very Real [37] comments

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to elray

Premium Member

to elray
said by elray:

Those streaming services don't provide the same content that is available on pay-tv.

you'd be surprised what is legally available.
elray
Santa Monica, CA

elray to rradina

to rradina
Indeed. Cord-cutting simply isn't happening in any significant or measurable way.

Its the "cord nevers" (could you invent a more awkward term?), who may actually become relevant, as they grow and couple up and multiply and play house, and try their best to avoid buying double/triple-play.

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to elray

to elray
My household is very happy with 30-some channels of free over-the-air broadcast TV, much of it in HD. Plus we have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Crackle.

Total cost of video content is under $10/month, and we get way more than everything we want to watch. I don't count the cost of Amazon Prime because we've been using it (for free Amazon.com shipping) since long before they included free streaming-- and we'd continue our Prime membership even without streaming. Crackle is free.