share rss forum feed

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:76
reply to captainwin4

Re: [LA] Cox being difficult yet again

I've seen this with some routers before including one I used to use. Since 192.168.100.1 is a private range IP some routers will not route to that subnet properly being it's connected via the WAN port. You may be able to configure a static route to the 192.168.100.0/24 network in the router to work around that in the future.

VentShop

join:2009-08-21
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to captainwin

Another solution is to change the ip address range that the router is giving out. Sometimes its as simbple as changing from a 192.168.X.X range to a 10.10.X.X range to allow you to connect to the Cable modem.

My guess on the original posting is that when you requested a level two tech you were transferred to the supervisors desk. They then told you you would have to pay a lot of money and a monthly fee as well as allow them access to your computer. Had you agreed they still would not have been able to do it because they probably did not have the tools or ability to do a firmware upgrade. It's basically a scare tactic to get you off the phone and out of their hair. . . and it worked.

Cox_tiff

join:2013-01-12
Chesapeake, VA
reply to captainwin

Captainwin, sounds like you were actually directed to our Cox Tech Solutions department. Our Cox Tech Solutions assist with non-supported issues, computer issues, router issues, etc… Cox Tech Solutions does charge a fee much like other computer repair companies. Firmware updates to the modem are automatically pushed out to your modem when an approved update is available. Cox goes through a testing process for any new updates that come out to make sure they will work on our system and make sure they are free of bugs. This is why you may not have the most up to date version available. If we do find that the firmware version you are using is not working for you, our tier 2 department can assist you with pushing a different approved version of firmware to your modem. I apologize for any confusion. Please let us know if you need additional assistance.

kv2009

join:2009-09-14
Kenner, LA
reply to odog

said by odog:

said by BillRoland:

There's a newer version than SB612X-1.0.5.1-SCM00-NOSH?

indeed

Is there any list of fixes or enhancements to accompany this firmware update? I've been on 1.0.5.1 (SB6120) for quite a while now as well. Is Cox pushing the newer firmware in conjunction with market speed upgrades?