Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Bill C-30 is no more

»www.thestar.com/business/2013/02···ill.html

Saw it through TekSavvy on facebook.

That's one step in the right direction...I think..

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

Yup!

MrMazda86

join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON
reply to Optional

Indeed it is... Very much so. I can't say that I'm a big fan on the telephone wire taps though for a number of reasons, but protection of charter rights is *always* a step in the right direction.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to Optional

On the same day the government put the bill out its misery, it introduced Bill C-55 on warrantless wiretapping. Although the bill is ostensibly a response to last year's R v. Tse decision from the Supreme Court of Canada, much of the bill is lifted directly from Bill C-30.

We ain't outa the woods yet...
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

MrMazda86

join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

I think with Bill C-55, they're more or less trying to take an inch as compared to the original mile they tried for.

Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Optional

said by TwiztedZero:

On the same day the government put the bill out its misery, it introduced Bill C-55 on warrantless wiretapping. Although the bill is ostensibly a response to last year's R v. Tse decision from the Supreme Court of Canada, much of the bill is lifted directly from Bill C-30.

We ain't outa the woods yet...

Are you shitting me..lmao. Even the united states isn't this bad. That's actually terrible, for many reasons. I'll state just one though, one of my buddies talks to his therapist over skype because he had to move and didn't want to switch and get to know a new psychologist. they also exchange a lot of e-mails, awesome that our government might be able to just look at that whenever they want.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

Sad huh? and yeas... they're doing the same sorts of stunts in the US as well... oh and I haven't even brought TPP into the picture yet this time... and its commin peeps... its one of those gawd awful BOHICA things.

VenusFlytrap

join:2007-11-18
Canada
reply to Optional

The US is bad... worse in fact. Haven't you heard of the Patriot Act?