Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Flummoxed
Premium
join:2002-01-24
Saint Peters, MO

St. Louis internet price

I was thinking of switching back to charter from u-verse. The price online says $30 for first 12 months. Does anyone know the price after those 12 months is for the 30Mbit package? Do they still have modem rental fees?

anon guy

@charter.com

$50 and modem is included.

Jerm

join:2000-04-10
Richland, WA
kudos:2
reply to Flummoxed

$54.99/month regular price. 30mbps package.

No more modem rentals.

There used to be deals for 15mbps and 2-year contracts @ $30 then it went up to $35 and then it was $10 more to double to 30mbps so previously $45 seemed to be a do-able long-term price.

Now that the deals are rumored to be much more stringent. I have seen varied reports of NO deals beyond the $54.99 price long-term while others claim $45-50 long term... just YMMV! Hopefully you can get a good CSR or can convince the local office to work with you!

Expand your moderator at work

zach3
Zach
Premium
join:2000-05-04
Saint Louis, MO
reply to Flummoxed

Re: St. Louis internet price

I just did a package deal with Charter here in St. Louis and my Internet Connection is $29.99 Including the Modem.

My entire package is $145.50 including Home Phone and the Highest level of Digital TV. The TV portion doesn't include and HBO or like movie channels or extra pay Sports channels either.

The price is good for 12 months and I was told that the total amount would go up by $20 after the 12 months. I was also told that would be negotiable depending on any specials that were available at the time.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1
reply to Jerm

In your area Charter Internet Plus is $29.99 per month for 12 months. After the first year, the rate will increase to $44.99 for the second year and then to the standard price of $54.99 after that.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

BoMarty

join:2001-02-01
Ballwin, MO
reply to Flummoxed

got my Charter invoice today:

"Internet Ultra from $40.00 to $55.00" This sucks. $15.00 increase.

Oh, this is not your final Ultra Price, just the upgrade to Ultra.

Is the internet base $47.99? + $55.00 (no promo's)

= $102.99 for Ultra 100 with no discounts. (St Louis)

Ask for the 12 month $29.99 base internet offering to bring your price down.

anon guy

@charter.com

Ultra is $110 a month.

mmainprize

join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

said by anon guy :

Ultra is $110 a month.

Don't forget the $200 install fee
Brings it to $110 + $16.66 = $126.66 a month for the first year.

skj
Premium,Mod
Gone South
reply to Flummoxed

(topic move) St. Louis internet price

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Higher speeds coming?

Flummoxed
Premium
join:2002-01-24
Saint Peters, MO
reply to skj

Re: St. Louis internet price

So the first year will be a contract at $30 or is it a two year contract being $45 second year? I will only be getting HSI, I use antenna for TV and Cell for phone.

My current 18 Mbps U-Verse is $48 with this being my last promo month, then my price will be $53.(internet only, own modem) So I may be going with charter for double speed at lower price for next year. I originally switched from Charter because I had TV+internet and didn't watch TV, also ATT dry-loop DSL became available for way cheaper per Mbit.

Thanks for replys.

skj
Premium,Mod
Gone South

This is where I am seeing the offer:

»connect.charter.com/MobileBB/PRO···mer.aspx

$44.99/mo. Yr 2; Standard rates apply after 2 years. Charter Internet modem is required & included in price; other equipment, install, taxes, fees & surcharges may apply.

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to Flummoxed

Click for full size
Just paid my bill yesterday, which is up another $6.32 over all and internet portion is $49.99, for the 30/4 speed. Between the nickels and dimes and dollars, it seems like my bill has changed every month for the past 4 months, at least!

Why are some of you paying $54.99? I know Charter varies on everything according to area, but, sheesh! Seems like they could simplify things for themselves, if they made prices the same all across the board?

Man, how I wish I could convince wife to cancel this crap tv!!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

hey there

@charter.com
reply to Flummoxed

said by Flummoxed:

So the first year will be a contract at $30 or is it a two year contract being $45 second year? I will only be getting HSI, I use antenna for TV and Cell for phone.

It's a 2 year promo not a contract.