joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako to dandelion

Premium Member

to dandelion

Re: Unobtrusive Antivirus?

Can you install just the antivirus from Norton Internet Security?

I can get I think it's McAffee from AT&T (home) or Norton from Comcast (work)

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

1 edit

dandelion

MVM

I had NIS that I bought for 4-5 years with my XP and with this new computer (Win 7) just got it through comcast ..the year free one..but dont' think you can use just the virus protector, worth a try though. I don't believe in a single security program for protection however. I also have a host file and use firefox with adblocker and noscript. Good luck on whichever one you pick and someone mentioned you need to adjust most you have. I did some minor adjustments on NIS to tell it what I liked.
PS Never had the problems with it you mentioned. Hopefully that doesn't mean you have malware

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore

Premium Member

said by dandelion:

I had NIS that I bought for 4-5 years with my XP and with this new computer (Win 7) just got it through comcast ..the year free one..but dont' think you can use just the virus protector, worth a try though. I don't believe in a single security program for protection however. I also have a host file and use firefox with adblocker and noscript. Good luck on whichever one you pick and someone mentioned you need to adjust most you have. I did some minor adjustments on NIS to tell it what I liked.
PS Never had the problems with it you mentioned. Hopefully that doesn't mean you have malware

If you bring up the Advanced screen, you can turn off whatever modules you want, with time spans ranging from 15 minutes to system restart to permanently.