Search similar:

uniqs

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to footballdude

to footballdude

Re: [NFL] Tebow: No future. The lastest info.

said by footballdude:

Also, saying he cannot throw well, you have to ignore that he is #2 in the NCAA history books in passing efficiency.

In the NFL you certainly can ignore college football stats, and in fact are wise to do so. College stats don't translate often into NFL success. Danny Wuerffel is the first of many examples that comes to mind.

Back to the point that Tebow can't run the pistol offense --- doing so requires 2 things: pass accurtely and be fast enough to elude defenders when running. Griffin, Wilson, and Kaepernick can do both. Tebow can do neither.
sailor
Premium Member
join:2003-10-21
Long Island

sailor

Premium Member

If you were a NFL head coach and your owner went out and got Tebow and then made it clear to you it is his wish to see Tebow play how would you use him?

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness

A few wildcat plays per game. Perhaps in goal line situations. And I'd have him spending most of his practice time learning to read defenses which he's poor at. There are young QB's with less college success than him who've learned to do it.
sailor
Premium Member
Long Island

sailor

Premium Member

That sounds good...I asked you due to after reading your sports posts over the years I feel you would make a good head coach.....you're a good fan but also a good knowledgeable thinker of the game....I feel the same with [Rook008].

Have you ever done any coaching of sports on any level?

fatness
subtle

fishing

fatness

No, none at all but thanks for the compliment.

I get in trouble with fellow Redskin fans because when they suck I'll say they suck, and that doesn't go over well with "homers" or fans of the team or of particular players on it. I root like hell for players and teams I like, but I don't say they're good when they're bad.

jlhugh
Premium Member
join:2001-09-07
Cedar Creek, TX

jlhugh to Blogger

Premium Member

to Blogger
he will be here tomorrow for signing autographs at the first game of our new semi-pro football team here in town. maybe he is looking for a job.
sailor
Premium Member
Long Island

sailor

Premium Member

said by jlhugh:

he will be here tomorrow for signing autographs at the first game of our new semi-pro football team here in town. maybe he is looking for a job.

He could be kicking off his campaign down there for Pope.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

said by sailor:

said by jlhugh:

He could be kicking off his campaign down there for Pope.

Actually Manti Teo should. He could spend his time talking to an imaginary person and not get criticized for doing so.

Dolgan
Premium Member
join:2005-10-01
Madison, WI

Dolgan to footballdude

Premium Member

to footballdude
quote:
Also, saying he cannot throw well, you have to ignore that he is #2 in the NCAA history books in passing efficiency. Somehow, all those others with pretty throwing motions couldn't accomplish what he did. He's also #1 in SEC history in completion percentage.
These stats are irrelevant when it comes to his ability to play in the NFL as it is much easier to throw on college defenses. IF college stats were accurate at predicting success we would not have so many 1st round picks that ended up as busts at every position. There have always been QBs who were tremendous stars in college that ended up failing in the NFL, and that trend will only continue. Admire his heart, tenacity, and leadership abilities--he just is not NFL QB material.

Think he could make a good Fullback if given the chance and he put his mind to it. Would be a persistent Wildcat threat, he's big enough to take on Blitzers in pass protection, and should be big enough to help open some holes for any tailback. Don't know how much more of a chance he will be given in the NFL, but am sure he will land upon his feet no matter what happens.