spc
uniqs

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to Blogger

to Blogger

Re: [NFL] Tebow: No future. The lastest info.

Last year the only 2 teams who wanted him were the Jaguars and the Jets. The Jets now don't want him and the Jags owner said that he doesn't either.

It's hard to imagine the guy's NFL career being over so soon but no NFL team is going to want him as a starting QB, and having him as even a backup is a huge problem --- the team he plays for has to use a different offense for him. No team's going to install another offensive system for a backup QB.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

I'd say he's an improvement over Blaine Gabbert.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
said by fatness:

the team he plays for has to use a different offense for him. No team's going to install another offensive system for a backup QB.

Tebow would fit in with the pistol offense, which is increasingly being run in the NFL now. I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up getting a shot somewhere before he retires.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness

No, he wouldn't fir with the pistol offense because his passing is quite bad.

You're probably right though -- it's hard to picture him being out of the game. If no one wants to sign him I'd guess ESPN and the NFL Network will bid a lot of money for him.
fatness

fatness to I AM

to I AM
said by I AM:

I'd say he's an improvement over Blaine Gabbert.

Jags say that Blaine Gabbert would be the best QB in 2013 draft class, and they might be right

The Jaguars don't think so. They already have passed on Tebow this year after wanting him last year.

Jaguars no longer want Tebow
quote:
But new general manager David Caldwell nixed that idea at his introductory news conference.

''I can't imagine a scenario in which he'll be a Jacksonville Jaguar - even if he's released,'' Caldwell said.

And Caldwell won't get any pushback from his new owner.

Shad Khan, who made a run at Tebow last year, said it was Caldwell's call.

''It's not my decision,'' Khan said. ''I want to do whatever to help this team win. Who the players are is really the general manager's and coaches' - it's a football-side operation decision. It's really not my decision.''

What has changed for Khan in the 10 months since he wanted Tebow?

''I'm telling them to take a look at Tebow and they're saying, `We're going to go in a different direction,''' Khan said. ''That's the difference.''