spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ShawToTeksav

@teksavvy.com

[Cable] Shaw stalling transfer of service to Teksavvy

I'm currently waiting to get hooked up to Teksavvy service, but Shaw repeatedly misses appointments. Seems like they are trying to wear me down and make me give up.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'd like to get this kind of problem solved for those trying to switch in the future. I'm considering a letter writing campaign to the CRTC regarding these types of stall tactics.

If you'd like to join me in my appeal to the CRTC, CBC, local papers, etc. regarding this issue, please contact me via this post.

Thanks!!

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

They don't want you to have a pleasant experience with anybody except them . This seems like a common tactic that they all employ to piss people off ..

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to ShawToTeksav

Would it be possible for you to send me a PM TSI Martin See Profile with your account information so I can look at your situation.

Thanks,
Martin

comminus

join:2012-12-18
Langley, BC
reply to ShawToTeksav

Really unfortunate to hear this. I had my TekSavvy service installed on Feb 4 and was fortunate enough to have a punctual, thorough technician.

How ever this situation sorts itself out, please update this thread for the sake of others who might benefit from the information.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
reply to ShawToTeksav

All the incumbents are doing this. It's called anti-competitive behaviour. Why the indies put up with it is beyond me.

So where the fuck is CNOC? Are they asleep at the wheel again?

Mike

MrMazda86

join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

I think it has to do with monopoly. They own the monopoly in that area, so they don't really have much of a choice until someone like TSI Andre of TSI Marc get involved, at which point their attitude kinda changes lol

No idea why that would be lol

videonerd

join:2007-01-21
reply to ShawToTeksav

Does Shaw use subcontractors? Rogers primarily uses subcontractors in Toronto to do installs. Many of them are, for the lack of a better term, trained monkeys. It's very easy to tell who enjoys the work (and some do!) while others are pretty much following a script.

I had a couple subcontractors come through to install Teksavvy cable (basically to fix the previous guy's work) and the last one had an easy day so we chatted a bit. The subcontractors are allotted an hour and paid per install regardless of how much effort they put in. Some days are insane where they need to drill and run cable for every install while others were are just plugging in a cable.

So the key is... try to nab the earliest window in the day.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

I actually had an interesting chat with the last Rogers cable tech that came to his home. I didn't realize until then that they are subcontracted. He noted the company that actually employs on his jacket, the logo was there, with Rogers underneath. They are not paid hourly but per job. And although they get an hour per job, if they can get to the next one sooner they will. The more efficient they get the more jobs they do in a day and get paid more. It's not a very customer oriented system, but some techs do like their job or at the very least care for the customer (of another company that isn't theirs).

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

Cogeco used to use subcontractors the exact same way, but a few years back they started to bring all their field work back in house. Don't know if they're all in house now, but I certainly haven't seen a subcontractor in the last little while.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to TypeS

said by TypeS:

I actually had an interesting chat with the last Rogers cable tech that came to his home. I didn't realize until then that they are subcontracted. He noted the company that actually employs on his jacket, the logo was there, with Rogers underneath. They are not paid hourly but per job. And although they get an hour per job, if they can get to the next one sooner they will. The more efficient they get the more jobs they do in a day and get paid more. It's not a very customer oriented system, but some techs do like their job or at the very least care for the customer (of another company that isn't theirs).

heh They are also Scabing as they are supposed to be on strike.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.