Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260 to Chuck_IV

Premium Member

to Chuck_IV

Re: 37% Ultra 100 Price increase??

said by Chuck_IV:

said by cork1958:

Also kind of sad that you're that addicted to that speed that you think you can't survive on the 30/4 plan, which as you're hoping the annual speed increase will effect that plan also, if it comes.

One thing to keep in mind tho is with that decrease in speed come a decrease in your cap by half. Depending on how much streaming a household does, that can be an issue.

I'm finishing my last month on the 100mbps plan and I am monitoring my usage this month to see what my household does. It's gonna be close this month, as to whether I'm gonna stay under the 250gb cap that Charter has on the 30 mbps plan(and it's a short month too). Our streaming has exploded recently as a form of lowering our costs. We have reduced our Directv plan and are using Netflix/Amazon quite a bit now. I also get the NHL Gamecenter plan and have been streaming hockey like mad these days. I'm not sure how rigid Charter is with their caps, but based on the new management, I can see them be real sticklers with that as well, as icing on proverbial cake.

That is why I'm leaning towards going over to UVerse. Currently, they don't really bother enforcing their supposed caps and I would only drop from 30mbps to 24mbps. Plus, they have some nice new pricing/offerings in my area for internet/phone(I have Directv for TV) too.

look into charter bussnuss it sounds perfect for you no caps and 30 meg when combined with phone its 55 usd for internet phone also comes with battery backup

plus you get lower ping then you would on uverse

of course theres one drawback the activation fee for install
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV

said by zed260:

look into charter business it sounds perfect for you no caps and 30 meg when combined with phone its 55 usd for internet phone also comes with battery backup

I was looking at that. From what I can see is it's exactly the same cost(minus the install fee) for their 30/4 business+phone as what residential 30 mbps+phone is... or am I missing something? The big difference is no cap. Unless I am missing something, essentially you are paying a fee to get no cap.

What is the install fee?
zed260
Premium Member
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260

Premium Member

said by Chuck_IV:

said by zed260:

look into charter business it sounds perfect for you no caps and 30 meg when combined with phone its 55 usd for internet phone also comes with battery backup

I was looking at that. From what I can see is it's exactly the same cost(minus the install fee) for their 30/4 business+phone as what residential 30 mbps is... or am I missing something? The big difference is no cap. Unless I am missing something, essentially you are paying a fee to get no cap.

What is the install fee?

well you do lose a few things depending on what you keep with phone

i think its 100 dollar install fee if what there website on charterbussnuss site says is true "50 for phone 50 for internet"

»www.charterbusiness.com/ ··· les.aspx

of course the question is what do you want with your phone service
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV

said by zed260:

i think its 100 dollar install fee if what there website on charterbussnuss site says is true "50 for phone 50 for internet"

Hmm, the only glaring thing I see missing is the voicemail, which we don't use anyway. Other than that it looks pretty much the same.
zed260
Premium Member
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260

Premium Member

said by Chuck_IV:

said by zed260:

Hmm, the only glaring thing I see missing is the voicemail, which we don't use anyway. Other than that it looks pretty much the same.

advanced feature package if you take it comes with voicemail

Bamafan2277
Premium Member
join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

Bamafan2277

Premium Member

said by zed260:

said by Chuck_IV:

said by zed260:

advanced feature package if you take it comes with voicemail

Advanced feature package dose not come with Voicemail, The Complete package comes with Voicemail.
zed260
Premium Member
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260

Premium Member

said by Bamafan2277:

Advanced feature package dose not come with Voicemail, The Complete package comes with Voicemail.

oh your right sorry phone can be confusing on charter bussnuss