spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Pryck
join:2012-02-03
Fredericksburg, VA

Pryck

[MoP] Sha Touched Weapon

I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this regarding the sha touched weapons. I only do LFR currently as my level of raiding with my rogue and within the first couple of weeks of the content being available I received the sha touched fist weapons. I don't much enjoy playing combat style so once I had daggers I switched to assassination. I have done LFR every week just the last portion to attempt to get the sha touched daggers and never had them drop for me even with bonus rolls being used every time. Is it just very bad RNG or once you have one weapon you can't receive a different type of sha weapon?

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

You can still receive different types of weapons. I have both the staff and 1H sword for my warlock.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Pryck

Premium Member

to Pryck
A sacrifice to the RNG gods is required for you to get your daggers.

RNG is RNG.
Pryck
Fredericksburg, VA

Pryck

Thanks all for the input and I figured as much; I shall continue my quest of neverending gold looting!

Zupe
MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY

Zupe to Pryck

MVM

to Pryck
I have one sha-touched fist weapon and one sha-touched dagger on my rogue, so it will definitely give you both. Of course, I'd rather have two fist weapons since I play combat and they look better together, but I can't get the second to drop. I also think the LFR bosses ran out of sigils of power and wisdom, as I've seen a total of one in the last two weeks doing all five sections each time.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

I got one (wisdom) on my run through the Terrace last night. And of course I had item drops on the first two encounters, that I didn't need, and nothing on the last two, which are the ones I DO need. I NEED MA HEAD AND SHOULDERS!!! I'm seriously starting to flake out over it.

And it just feels wrong to disenchant those purple drops....
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Pryck

to Pryck
If you really want that dagger save ALL your coins for it.. after it's done, re-Q again and you can spend the rest of the coins on each kill until you run out..

Then save 10K gold for the extra gem, remember you can't have 2 gems equipped at the same time..

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14

said by djlar:

Then save 10K gold for the extra gem...

...explain...
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

If already you socketed your gem you can buy another with Wration for 10K

Venom14
Augusta, GA

Venom14

that sounds way to easy... whats the catch?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

When you complete the quest and get your 500 gem, you can buy a second one for 10k with Wrathion.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
The catch? The gems are unique-equipped. So dual-wielders only get 1 for their weapons. It is handy for hybrids who manage to pick up a sha-touched weapon for each spec.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

To bad they scrapped the 550 gems for now.

Venom14
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to stonhinge

to stonhinge
said by stonhinge:

The catch? The gems are unique-equipped. So dual-wielders only get 1 for their weapons. It is handy for hybrids who manage to pick up a sha-touched weapon for each spec.

i got the 2h sha axe, and two 1h swords... gem is in the axe cuz i'm dps MS, and I'd like to have a gem for the tanking schwords; this was great news. Now to make some gold.

Pollux7777
join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Pollux7777 to djlar

to djlar
Anyone else think 10k is kind of steep?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

it's about a week's worth of grinding all dailies. Hard to say what is "fair" for a legendary gem.

stonhinge
Premium Member
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

stonhinge to Pollux7777

Premium Member

to Pollux7777
said by Pollux7777:

Anyone else think 10k is kind of steep?

It's the same amount you needed for the Cataclysm legendaries, iirc. About that much for part of the Dragonwrath, and that much just to start the daggers. Paying that much for a replacement isn't that bad. Besides, the only people who actually *need* one are those who use both MS and OS in raids.

Plus, yeah, it doesn't take long. Get an alt to 90 and start doing dailies/quest. If you're like me, you bought all the mounts first time around, so all that "extra" gold can buy you a gem.
Pryck
Fredericksburg, VA

Pryck to djlar

to djlar
I knew if I had already run LFR for that week I couldn't receive loot from those boss kills. I had no idea you can still use the coins again to get drops; I guess I figured it worked the same. This is good news!

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

1 recommendation

Energystream

Premium Member

Not it is not good news, it is a soul sucking venture that will get you depressed, when you run the raid 3 times a week, and receive 4 bags of golden nutsacks.

Or worse, you get 5 of the same item fromt hat boss.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well I want that sha touched weapon while I can still upgrade it.

So I guess I'll see if I can get a good healer or tank to do LFR#5 5 times.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

We can do a couple runs over the weekend.

xenograffiti
@unt.edu

xenograffiti to Pryck

Anon

to Pryck
I have to pay 10k to gem all these Sha Touched weapons that keep dropping. QQ

First World WoW Problems.
Pryck
Fredericksburg, VA

Pryck

That was never a mentioned issue in my post. I still have the gem from the quest line I haven't used yet because I am waiting for the dagger drop. Nice try though.

Ramikor
@comcastbusiness.net

Ramikor to Energystream

Anon

to Energystream
said by Energystream:

Not it is not good news, it is a soul sucking venture that will get you depressed, when you run the raid 3 times a week, and receive 4 bags of golden nutsacks.

Or worse, you get 5 of the same item fromt hat boss.

I've been spending my extra rolls on Terrace 3x per week for over a month now on my fury main, and haven't received even one of the 2-handers. I received it without an extra roll on my second run on my ret alt. Talk about taking it in the nutsacks.

Then again, that's about par for me. Took me about 50 Deathwing kills to get a second Gurth. Lost twice when I rolled 100.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Energy was about his 25th "roll" from both ToES and MSV until he got the 476 weapon from Will of the Emperor, he couldn't talk for some time.

I bet he was crying

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Pryck

to Pryck
Interesting. I didn't know you could use the charm tokens for loot rolls for additional raid runs after completing the first run of the week. Once again, DSLR has taught me something this day. Too bad I have neither the charms or the time to take advantage of this new found knowledge though... lol.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby to Energystream

Premium Member

to Energystream
said by Energystream:

when you run the raid 3 times a week, and receive 4 bags of golden nutsacks.

Ok, this made me laugh.

And I feel your pain, I think I've killed Lei Shi on various LFR and Normals over 20 times now.... with a bonus roll every time and still no m*ther f@cking piece of sh^t don't think it actually exists so suck my a$$ Blizzard dagger.
Pryck
Fredericksburg, VA

Pryck

When using the coins for bonus rolls do they only apply to the loot table from that specific boss or the entire instance? Since I haven't gotten the dagger to drop off of Lei Shi even with bonus rolls; I have more chances for it to drop using the bonus rolls on the other bosses in that same instance as well or just from repetitive runs and using them only on Lei Shi? Thanks in advance for clarification.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

It only applies to that particual boss' loot table. Sadly for ToES you can get the same belt for like 3 bosses which actually makes your chances even less.
Pryck
Fredericksburg, VA

Pryck

Thanks for the clarification Jobbie; its much appreciated!