uniqs

Fishead1
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to nycdave

Premium Member

to nycdave

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

I'll have to look around some more.There is no wiring in the pipes yet just the string to pull the cables thru the pipe and that pipe is not hooked to anything yet but its near that panel.Will have to see if the put up a panel dedicated to FIOS and if there is another line that I haven't seen.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

You need to find the conduit in the basement that feeds the rest of the floors. The FiOS hub will be larger than the existing fiber box in the basement, which will require more wall space than I can see in your pictures.

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79 to Fishead1

to Fishead1
That installation looks more like a cablevision light path installation.
tito79

tito79 to Fishead1

to Fishead1
The last picture last box on the bottom left is your powersupply that feeds the box above which is a fiber router next to the power supply on the right is the fiber splice box light path installs that in buisness buildings. might be very well sprint tower or t-mobile tower we dont know yet .t-mobile and sprint contracted light path to do there fiber work.

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to nycdave

Premium Member

to nycdave
nycdave all the pipes are routing to this area and there is plenty of wall space right in this area you just can't tell by that photo.
tito79 the small box on that board with the orange tag on it says Verizon.
So the pipes going to that area are just not connected to anything yet.I would guess that they would be putting up a board with the hardware for the FIOS hub.I just have to check out if there is a fiber cable coming in from somewhere else.

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

yeah theres a verizon logo on the black cable with the red sticker. you can't read it well because the verizon logo is upside down
pittpete1
join:2009-06-12

1 edit

pittpete1 to Fishead1

to Fishead1
Fish the white box with the Verizon tag is a smartjack setup which houses repeater cards.
Looks like 4 T1's and the other one below and to the right is another T1
That Fiber doesn't look like it is supplying anything yet, but the bottom of the pic is cutoff, but the service provides Gigabit Ethernet Service by Verizon.

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1

Premium Member

pittpete1 pretty sure that panel if for the cell phone tower on the roof.
I'm pretty sure we are getting FIOS but don't know how long it will take to finish the installation.I did ask a worker installing the boxes and pipe and he said yes they are installing FIOS.
As for Eric Woodley .I don't know most of the people by name in the building but I see just about everyone as a few of my friends and I hang out in the foyer at dinner time and talk about the days events so I probably know Eric by sight.I've been living here since 1998.
Will keep you guys informed if I find out anything more and if they start mounting anything to the blank board that to the left of that cell tower panel that I thought was for FIOS.If they do I take some more pictures.
pittpete1
join:2009-06-12

pittpete1

Fish, I'm still waiting for word on the FIOS build timetable for you guys.
As for the conduit install, I'm 99.9% sure we hire contractors to do that work.
The contractors have IDs that say Verizon but have a white backround.
Eric is a stocky white guy about 30 or so.
Sometimes has a full scruffy beard
His mom was a postal worker and passed away a few years back.
Anyway if you see him tell him Pittpete said whats up.
He always hangs out on City Island with my brother...

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1

Premium Member

I had just sent you IM about Eric.He's the same guy I mentioned in the IM.
I knew his mom more then him.I would always catch her in the laundry room when I did my wash.
I never got to know Eric personally as he pretty much kept to himself.
He didn't talk to anyone from the building that I could tell.Even if we hung out in front of the building.He would be off I guess to City Island to hang out with friends there.