spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JWH

@charter.com

[Network] 2 Wire Router

I have tried unsuccessfully to connect one of my computers with a Netgear wireless dongle. Now I'm told by your tech's that I have to buy a new Sagem 1704 router in order to make this connection. I was able to connect the Netgear dongle at my office using a 2 wire router without any problems. Sounds unfair that I have to replace my router at my expense. Still can't understand why this will not connect. Any suggestions?

xsbell

join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Primus Telecommu..
Check the wireless mode isn't set to B only, if you have the 2701HG-B. Check/change your wireless security settings, make sure you're using WPA2-PSK (personal mode) if available, use AES encryption if possible, but if it still doesn't work try TKIP. If you have the wireless channel set to auto, try changing it to 1, 6, or 11.

It's best to stick with the same chipset manufacturer on all devices to achieve the best compatibility and performance. (my router has an AR9580 so all my WLAN NICs have Atheros radios.)

borisbadenov

join:2005-12-05
Barbourville, KY
Do not go for the new modem/router they are all junk stick with the 2wire if you can