Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

Faster, less expensive Retinas

»www.apple.com/pr/library/2013/02···lay.html

CUPERTINO, California—February 13, 2013—Apple® is making the MacBook Pro® with Retina® display faster and more affordable with updated processors and lower starting prices. The 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display now starts at $1,499 for 128GB of flash, and $1,699 for a new 2.6 GHz processor and 256GB of flash. The 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display now features a faster 2.4 GHz quad-core processor, and the top-of-the-line 15-inch notebook comes with a new 2.7 GHz quad-core processor and 16GB of memory. Apple today also announced that the 13-inch MacBook Air® with 256GB of flash has a new lower price of $1,399.

--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

bbarrera
Premium,MVM
join:2000-10-23
Sacramento, CA
kudos:1

sweet, a $550 drop in price on the 15-inch 768GB with 2.7GHz i7 cpu. Running out of reasons to upgrade... was thinking the price drop would come with this years model - more powerful Intel integrated gpu, 802.11ac wifi - hmmm...

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
Premium,MVM
join:2008-01-16
Chandler, AZ
kudos:1

said by bbarrera:

sweet, a $550 drop in price on the 15-inch 768GB with 2.7GHz i7 cpu. Running out of reasons to upgrade... was thinking the price drop would come with this years model - more powerful Intel integrated gpu, 802.11ac wifi - hmmm...

the price drop is tempting -- but i told myself that i wasn't going to buy a gen-1 retina display. most gen-1 apple stuff has "beta-esque" 'features' in it. i figure i've held out for over 6 months on it -- i'll wait another 6 for the update before i purchase.

q.
--
"...if I in my north room dance naked, grotesquely before my mirror waving my shirt round my head and singing softly to myself..."