how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BullyRED

join:2004-04-08
Grayslake, IL

Link retrains - many today

I've had intermittent connectivity issues today where I've been dropping connection for a few moments and then coming back online. I've restarted the gateway and even pulled the plug and rebooted. The stats are showing that I'm getting occasional link retrains. Is this a widespread issue or is it localized to me/my region at this point?

Tech007
Premium
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service

Id have to call one of my fellow techs to see if there are any issues today but havent seen any emails. I am off today.

Did this just start today? What modem/rg do you have? Do you just internet only or do you have tv/voip as well?

Thanks

BullyRED

join:2004-04-08
Grayslake, IL

The gateway is a 2Wire 3800HGV-B. I have internet only and no other services.

it looks like it just started today but I have been having issues as of late with downstream/upstream slowness. I'm on the top rung with 24/3 service but I've seen it slip recently down into 3mbps or less down for periods of time until I reboot the gateway. Sync speed always shows at 32200/5040.

Tech007
Premium
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL

im me your ban number sounds like your modem is probably needing replaced, frequent reboots to fix a problem is more than likely the modem but i can look at the outside line and see if i see anything else