All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
SLAMtech
join:2009-12-03

SLAMtech to En Enfer

to En Enfer

Re: [EN+FR] Let's Talk

You really got issues buddy. The real winners here are those suffering from mental illnesses. Regardless of the corporation running the campaign raising awareness is key and its another step in the right direction of tackling this situation.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by SLAMtech:

You really got issues buddy. The real winners here are those suffering from mental illnesses. Regardless of the corporation running the campaign raising awareness is key and its another step in the right direction of tackling this situation.

No, they don't win. They get squat. I work and volunteer in the mental health sector. Bell's money means little.

En Enfer
This account has been compromised
join:2003-07-25
Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

En Enfer to SLAMtech

to SLAMtech
said by SLAMtech:

Please, elaborate.

As I pointed out, the problem is the corporation running the campaign. Awareness is the key, but WHY do we need to forward the BELL brand in social media networks ?

If you want awareless, use the neutral #MentalIllness hashtag and reach Telus customers in western Canada, not any #Bell* variation hashtag. It's just wrong.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by En Enfer:

If you want awareless, use the neutral #MentalIllness hashtag and reach Telus customers in western Canada, not any #Bell* variation hashtag. It's just wrong.

I don't have a problem with a business supporting a cause like this. I suspect that mental illness has touched the life of someone high up in the organization, so they've taken up the cause. That's how these things happen - for better or for worse.

I do however note focus seems to focus heavily on the Bell brand - to the point of being a bit obnoxious.

Frank1bell
@bellmobilite.ca

Frank1bell to En Enfer

Anon

to En Enfer
said by En Enfer:

said by SLAMtech:

Please, elaborate.

As I pointed out, the problem is the corporation running the campaign. Awareness is the key, but WHY do we need to forward the BELL brand in social media networks ?

Maybe because other brands have mostly "IGNORED" The problem. does this not make sense to you? if you ignored the problem and other companies are offering help, people will see there is some light at the end of the other tunnel, even if its not their employer they are still happy that someone is listening,