join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Snuffbox:

said by Jobbie:

Honor Cap is out of question.

????????????????

I mean that I must be Honor capped before 5.2 hits, sry my english is not that good.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

said by Snuffbox:

said by Jobbie:

Honor Cap is out of question.

????????????????

I mean that I must be Honor capped before 5.2 hits, sry my english is not that good.

Haha, not a problem. Just making sure everyone understands that they should continue to attempt to go into patch honor capped (If you care about PvP that is, if not don't worry about it).
Cows
join:2010-02-27

Cows

If the honor gear will be better than current Malv could it be any good for a fresh 90 to cheese into LFR ?
I have not pve'd at all but wouldnt this change make the new honor gear better than the heroic dungeon gear?

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Yes and no.

They keep the item levels of PvP gear below that of PvE for that reason.

Aditionally as I'm sure you're aware. The PvP Power and PvP Resilience do nothing in Raids/Dungeons so that's meant to be a further deterrent to wearing the incorrect gear in either instance.

But ultimately you're right, whichever is easier to obtain at the time will become the "welfare epics" and it's unavoidable at some level.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Yeah all it matters for LFR is item level fresh 90s now have the option to get Malevolent pieces to speed the gearing up process a little bit.
Cows
join:2010-02-27

Cows to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
I know the pvp stats do nothing but most of that gear still has good basic stats: str, int, sta, and like you say honor is soo easy to get and then you can buy every slot you need without trying for drops.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Yes.

Most of my toons don't have PvE gear these days. If I join a Raid I'm often in full PvP gear. My Warrior pulls aggro off tanks occasionally even in PvP gear so the system isn't perfect. (My rogue hits like a wet noodle in PvE or PvP gear.)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Yeah all it matters for LFR is item level fresh 90s now have the option to get Malevolent pieces to speed the gearing up process a little bit.

ARRG

LFR needs a PvP gear check, if over some percent then not allowed to que for pve.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

Or you could look at recount and remove those that are underperfoming rather than sticking your nose up simply because someone in the group has PvP gear on.

Never remotely near bottom DPS despite my gear, it would be comical to be filtered out because someone inspected and found out I had zomg PvP gear on.

Conversely I enjoy when PvP players discover certain PvE set bonuses that benefit them in some way in PvP.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

and that's why I like going into LFR with 2 tanks. I can say in vent, "wait, don't pull... need to kick some folks who aren't contributing"...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
Sure most in LFR are crap.

BTw I wouldn't doubt that you were beating the lesser geared PvP LFR'ers (there's lots of them.)

on amber shaper the other week someone was like OMG you beat the meter, I was just like Oh really just imagine if I hadn't had to run away from the large construct because it kept aggroing on me.

Ya there's tons of pvp geared and/or don't know how to play in LFR so just ignore the bottom 20 on the dps meter unless the top 10 are just about even.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

and that's why I like going into LFR with 2 tanks. I can say in vent, "wait, don't pull... need to kick some folks who aren't contributing"...

Yep, frustrating sometimes how hard it can be to get someone kicked out too. If you know what you're doing you can just keep yourself in combat etc.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
I topped the meter on Sha of Fear yesterday in LFR at 62k which is just sad because I was being completely lazy, not at all making an attempt to use the rotation optimally. If you actually take the time to scroll down to the dps below the top 10, you'll cry. I don't do it just because I don't want to get my 'puter wet with tears.