how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pulp46
Premium
join:2003-01-28

4 edits

[iPhone] Mailbox App not Alerting on iP5 lockscreen...

The Mailbox guys aren't answering my question and they don't have a Forum.

Firstly, you need to run the Gmail App OR the native Email App set for gmail for Mailbox App to run, right? Or can one delete the Gmail App and/or turn OFF the native Email App for iPhone and singularily run Mailbox App? I feel like I'm overdoing it and unnecessarily over taxing resources.

I'm getting the Gmail App Lockscreen Notification/Alert but not the Mailbox App. Are you guys getting the popup ALERT on Lockscreen for Mailbox App?

***EDIT The Badge Counter is working but that's of no use when it's locked. I want the Lockscreen ALERT!

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium
join:2001-08-02
Michigan City, IN

As far as I'm aware, the Mailbox is its own app..you don't need to run GMail or the stock mail app..

As far as answering your question..couldn't help ya there I'm still waiting in line which as of this time I'm now down to 283,105 in line ...gonna be awhile.

pulp46
Premium

Thanks, okay, I signed out of the Gmail App. Funnily enough, the Lockscreen Alert as well as Gmail App showed up for the Mailbox App notifying me of your reply. LOL It may be a case of timing... Gmail App is quicker and my clearing it doesn't allow for Mailbox App to popup. We'll see, someone reply. LOL!

P.S. Hope my signing out of Gmail from the Gmail App to shut it down because I want to keep it in case Mailbox doesn't satisfy, doesn't mean Mailbox App is signed out too!

pulp46
Premium
reply to ztmike

This is what it looked like the first time Mailbox App popped up on Lockscreen. Gmail App was there too. I want Gmail App to disappear. I have since signed out of Gmail and stopped Notifications in Settings for Gmail App. I am NOT getting the Lockscreen Alert from Mailbox App, just the Badge number. That is unacceptable, I need a Sound and Pop Up. Is this a Fatal Flaw of the software or are you guys getting Alerts?

pulp46
Premium
reply to ztmike

Okay... after several hours of running alone, it WORKS!