how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Endymion

join:2009-11-04
Woodbridge, VA

[Classes] SMF vs TG choice for warrior?

Ok, I was just about to put my +500 gem in my Sha Touched 2H axe and give up the mats for 2 Dancing Steel enchants, when a second Sha Touched 1H sword drops for me. Yep, got NO tier pieces but 4 weapons - lol.

Which should I commit to? SMF or TG?

I have read differing opinions online, so I figured I would ask here as a tie-breaker, so to speak

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4

I have heard similar. Currently the two are designed to be extremely close. Meaning the one you should use is the one you have the best weapons for.

So in your case, the deciding factor is the quality of your off hand for either option.

If offhands are identical as well, then it's personal preference (TG).

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Endymion

Not being a pro warrior myself... I differ to what others have written.

said by WoWInsider :
So far in Mists raiding, TG seems to be on par with SMF for the most part. I've had days where I handily beat the SMF warriors in our raids, and days where they beat me just as easily. I raided with Shockwave instead of my customary Bladestorm/Dragon Roar last night and it worked out fine, but in the end I switched back to Dragon Roar for its being useful both as a single-target and a multi-target ability. In general, I feel fairly confident in saying that fury warriors can raid with either TG or SMF, depending entirely on the combination of personal preference and what drops for you. That being said, four piece tier 14 is pretty much essential for parity as a DPS warrior, and even more so for fury with its desperate need to crit on pretty much every Bloodthirst. Since TG swings on average a full second slower than SMF, it seems exaggerated.

Keep in mind that SMF sims better at present, so all things being equal it might be the best possible choice for a DPS warrior min-maxing obsessively.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Endymion

Woodbridge, VA

1 recommendation

reply to Endymion

I guess I could enchant Windsong on the 1H swords and see if they give me better numbers than the 2H axes. Then go with what works best for me and commit the gem and Dancing Steel to the 'winner'.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

Using TG gives you +500 Badass Points, who cares about dps, being badass is what counts.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to Endymion

From what I've read, SMF is a better in Execute range, simply because your rage income is less spiky, due to faster, smaller swings instead of slower, bigger swings.

I've always preferred SMF to TG for that reason - not the extra damage, but the smoother rage generation. You'll potentially have more enrage uptime as well, simply due to faster swings, thus more attacks and more crits in the same timeframe.

As to committing, well, it really boils down to what your best weapon is. You've got equal ilvl weapons now, so whichever. Save the 2H, though (or at least one) so that you can pair it with the 2H that'll never drop for you in Thunder until you shard/vendor the 2 sha-touched 2H you already have.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Endymion

I'm currently using SMF (got two sha touched one handers somehow, no idea) and I can attest that SMF definitely has smoother rage generation. Less spikey and more predictable.

However, jobbie is right about TG looking way cooler, so there's that to consider as we'll
--
Polluxx - LvL 90 Human Warrior - (US) Ravencrest

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

Nah, just transmog the Sha-touched swords to either Millennium blade (»www.wowhead.com/item=28184 N/H Black Morass, Temporus) or Quickening blade of the Prince (»www.wowhead.com/item=34609 H Magister's Terrace, Kael) and pretend to are using 2H. Although for some reason, though they both share a model, Millennium blade doesn't sheathe on the back.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31

List on back weapons

»loopnotdefined.blogspot.com/2012···ack.html

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
reply to Endymion

ARMS ALL TEH WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aside from that, smf is the higher of the two, but its marginal at best.

Endymion

Woodbridge, VA
reply to Endymion

I made the switch, and the difference is noticeable. And the rage generation of SMF is great!! How much of a difference is Dancing Steel? Should I stick with Windsong on both or switch to Dancing Steel? I have the mats.