how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SeanFL

join:2006-01-25
Tarpon Springs, FL
reply to shmee

Re: from 35/35 to 75/35 and now slow upload?

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I reset the computer, the router, unplugged the ONT (and battery). And still coming back with 40/5 speeds. Called them, they said it's provisioned correctly but something is not correct. They say the order is completed.

Did a speed increase at a business that also uses FIOS and it popped up within an hour or so.

Odd. Sean

nyrrule27

join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

did you run the optimizer on the computer your having an issue with. seems like it was never done.

SeanFL

Tarpon Springs, FL

yes, ran the optimizer. I'm stuck on 40/5 with pc, mac, android tablet...all that used to get about 43/30 or so wired or wireless.

couple other thoughts: my verizon supplied router is a Westell A90 9100. I feed from the ONT to the router via cat5e (and have for years). Not moca.

One tech suggested they send me a new actiontec router. That'll take a few days and I'm willing to try.

However, I WAS at 35/35 with great speeds before using my current westell...and now I can only get 5 up? Seems odd.

Have my own Asus rt-n56u that I can take and put in and see if that gets me the 75/35 speed.

Any ideas to try?

Sean

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by SeanFL:

Any ideas to try?

Sean

Get the Verizon router. It won't cost you anything to try it, and their networks plays better with the equipment they supply and support.

buckweet1980

join:2011-12-31
Allen, TX

It's not your router, it's not your PC.. You're wasting your time trying to track down what it is.

If you made the change to a higher tier and all of a sudden your upstream is slower then the problem is in VZ network. Nothing changed on your end you said. Something isn't provisioned right, read the 2nd post on this thread. I had it happen to me and there was a provisioning problem.

nyrrule27

join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ
reply to SeanFL

If your Ethernet plug your pc direct to the Ethernet cable. If speeds are the same then it needs tier 2 and tier 2 will want a tech on site. Call back tech support.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to SeanFL

said by SeanFL:

yes, ran the optimizer. I'm stuck on 40/5 with pc, mac, android tablet...all that used to get about 43/30 or so wired or wireless.

couple other thoughts: my verizon supplied router is a Westell A90 9100. I feed from the ONT to the router via cat5e (and have for years). Not moca.

One tech suggested they send me a new actiontec router. That'll take a few days and I'm willing to try.

However, I WAS at 35/35 with great speeds before using my current westell...and now I can only get 5 up? Seems odd.

Have my own Asus rt-n56u that I can take and put in and see if that gets me the 75/35 speed.

Any ideas to try?

Sean

Try the RT-N56U. I use a couple of those on my network. And with them I have no problem getting 150/70 wirelessly on my laptop from the Verizon speedtest. Almost as fast as the 155/70 I can get from a wired connection on my network from the Verizon speedtest.

SeanFL

Tarpon Springs, FL
reply to buckweet1980

Thank you. agreed that it's not on my end. A tech is coming out this morning to look at or change out my ONT. Hopefully later today I'll be enjoying 75/35.

Frustrating that it sure seems to be a provisioning issue and no one seems to be able to change it over a few days.

But all that said, fios has been flawless for me for years, so a little hiccup and I can't be too upset. Will let you know what ends up happening.

Sean

SeanFL

Tarpon Springs, FL

Verizon came out to swap out the ONT. Hooked it all back up, and... same slow speeds. Then within an hour or so it went back to the 35/35 (actual 43 / 30 or so on speed tests).

Today I called to inquire about upgrading to 75/35 and the kind lady talked me into 150/65 for not much more money than I was paying for $35/35 (includes a change to Fios digital voice.)

Monday they'll be back out to swap out my ont and router and get things going. Hope that goes better than this attempted upgrade.

buckweet1980

join:2011-12-31
Allen, TX

I had the same experience.. Replacing the ONT didn't fix mine either.. It just made them realize "oh there really is something else provisioned wrong"..

I am back to 75/35 now. I was originally 35/35 then went to the 150 package and now back down.. I was able to downgrade with no issues :P