Search similar:

uniqs
Josof
join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

1 recommendation

Josof

Camelot Unchained

I hope this game gets developed. 3 realm RvR, death penalty(corpse looting), no quick travel.

The devs said most if not all of a players gear will be crafted. They mentioned some unique world drops but there is no PvE game to speak of.

Crafting/gathering are major pillars of the game.

currently being developed by citystate, kickstarter begins in march

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

»citystateentertainment.c ··· chained/

»www.reddit.com/r/Camelot ··· nchained

A few links.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

1 recommendation

I AM to Josof

Premium Member

to Josof
I'll pvp naked. You can't loot me sir.
Josof
Virginia Beach, VA

1 recommendation

Josof

haha, i read that corpse looting would only be of consumables and mats.
Josof

1 recommendation

Josof to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
thanks for the links, this is the type of game i've been waiting for. hope it gets developed.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

1 recommendation

I AM to Josof

Premium Member

to Josof
said by Josof:

haha, i read that corpse looting would only be of consumables and mats.

I guess I got carried away there.
*puts pants back on*

Ryan
Premium Member
join:2001-03-03
Boston, MA

1 recommendation

Ryan to Josof

Premium Member

to Josof
»darkageofcamelot.com/

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

1 recommendation

VioletVenom to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
said by I AM:

I'll pvp naked. You can't loot me sir.

Instead of looting ears one could loot...

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

1 recommendation

Phantasee to Josof

to Josof
I'd love to see a fresh DAOC game. DAOC had THE best pvp idea. Minus the mass mezzing.
Josof
Virginia Beach, VA

Josof

I think ill chip in $10 bucks to the Kickstart.
Josof

1 recommendation

Josof

courtesy or Reddit

•Class based system for the role-play value

•Specialized Class will be chosen by player at the very start

•Upfront information of class builds and capabilities so the player can match to their desired playstyle

•A multi-tiered subscription plans, lower than average MMO sub fees since treadmill PvE content is off the table

•A full fledged Crafting System is huge part of the game which won't rely on spamming out ten thousand useless items to level

•Crafter Quests to gain certain recipes, etc.

•RvR more than Keep taking: fully fleshed out content, non-instanced and with environmental considerations impacting the ongoing conflict.

•Specialize on the fun aspects of RvR, not centered around "kill count"

•Housing, in game time and money to gain it but it won't get burnt down in the "safe" areas, but there will be higher risk areas where a house will not be safe -but you might get some added benefits from such locations!

•Auction House: There is no Auction House! Some people may not like it, but MJ wants the game to have more personal associations/relationships in the game. Not anonymity based interactions. Crafting items will be special and named and crafter marked, reputations matter.

•Cash Shop a possibility but following strict rules, obviously not pay to win, subscription model is the primary model. Cosmetic items, server slots, etc.

•Kickstarter Goal: roughly 2 million needed, then additional funding sources (like MJ's wallet) to get it to around 5 million to get it to release. (DAoC was 2.5 million back in the day)

•Kickstarter will serve as a yard stick of legitimate interest in the project

•Multiple Servers: No Cross Reaming on a server!

•Player kills will offer some type of reward but not involving taking a players actual gear

•Tab targeting or cross-hair style...not decided yet, player input wanted

•Magic system considerations like standing still for spells, risk versus reward essential

•Mandatory single character server type...maybe if there's real interest or demand

•FFA PvP: popular request but let's get the Tri-Realm game right before considering that ruleset

•Timeline if KS gets funded: 2014, early 2015ish

•Game engine, nothing 100% determined at the moment

•Mounted Combat on the table but for later in the game's life, not at release. Such goals come later after many other things are polished up and good to go.

•Guilds: Huge importance in the game, guild alliance/interaction/collaboration system as well

•Dye system: yup, MJ likes it

•No realm ranks but there will be progression and it will be based on various RvR-centric activities

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

1 recommendation

Goggalor

Premium Member

I really loved DAoC when it came out, as it had some of the most intense PvP fights out there. However, the subscription model is a huge turn-off to many potential customers, as there is just so many other games out there that are doing it for free (of course, with some kind of pay scheme for cosmetics and/or XP boosts).

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

Thaler to Phantasee

Premium Member

to Phantasee
said by Phantasee:

I'd love to see a fresh DAOC game. DAOC had THE best pvp idea. Minus the mass mezzing.

And the development team. Nothing made me go "Wait, what" more in a MMO when they "fixed" the Siege-class Albion Theurgist (that hadn't any actual siege abilities sicne release) by just editing Siege from the class description 2 years down the road.

That move was only outshined by their "fix" to making Albion Clerics want to heal more (rather than spec into their damage-casting tree) by nerfing it to the effing ground and making healing the only viable way to go. Did it fix the problem? Hell no, the damage-casting Clerics just went to play another class, and use their old Clerics as buff bot bitches.
Josof
Virginia Beach, VA

1 recommendation

Josof

more juicy tidbits from reddit:

Further details (few that they are in these very early days of a game in utero) have emerged about how, and to what degree, a player's avatar will exist in the world of CSE's creation.

Now to the point of this post, consider a character in the world of CU.
From what little know, CSE is leaning toward a dynamic system of character progression, few things are 100% decided and many doors are still open.

If CSE chooses to make a character truly responsive and reflective of factors in the world then it very could allow that both a positive and a negative response would be accounted for in such a system.

Slow skill decay could be the moderator of choice.

If choices matter, then the choice of play styles should have bearing.

But this would mean no resting on your laurels for extended periods of time:

•It's been a year since you equipped and used this type of weapon?
Oh dear, your proficiency is nearly at the default level for your class!

•Not RvR'ing but focusing on Blacksmith related activities?
My, what strength you have, but seems your stealth abilities are almost to novice levels, maybe city life is blunting your edge?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, it's important to state, we are talking of a relatively narrow window of positive and negative effectiveness.

The key is to make it noticeable, but preferably not totally debilitating on the negative side yet still remain desirous to be on the positive side... maybe this would be 5% or 10% plus or minus in effectiveness levels.

This variance, this spread and flux would engage a player to be cognizant of their character and his place in time and space within the game's world.

If there were stealth detection in the game, a stealther who hasn't used his stealth ability while being being exposed to stealth detection (assuming there's stealth detection) checks may become somewhat rusty in his ability. Minus 5% or so from base ability could spell disaster in a tactical setting if the enemy is skilled in detection of stealthed enemies.

The key would to make these changes be a slow positive or negative swing of proficiency and not a "10 minutes of stealth in an enemy area" and bam! you are back on par.

Staying on top of your game would have real meaning.

If your stealther character crafts in the city square more than he sneaks into enemy controlled encampments, well no muss no fuss, you are a crafter...but there's a price to be paid, a sacrifice.

And, it's completely reversible in the fullness of time.

But, where would be the sense of progression in such a game?

Well, a self actualized individual will feel that every successful outcome is a sign of success, but there is no reason that the world of CU can't grant titles and or laurels for character achievements and combat engagements

Just because "arpees" aren't tracked as a metric doesn't mean more holistically valued ratings can't be.

Does one need a number attached to an experience bar to feel like one is progressing?

Broadening skill sets and staying proficient while achieving success as a crafter of rarities or victor in realm conflicts seems to me a lot more tangible