Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to donoreo

Re: GTA getting new area codes 437 and 365

said by donoreo:

How stupid could those people be? It was EVERYWHERE that Toronto was getting a second area code.

Same thing happened here. Some people have different priorities in their lives than to know NPA planning, I guess.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
said by Gone:

said by donoreo:

How stupid could those people be? It was EVERYWHERE that Toronto was getting a second area code.

Same thing happened here. Some people have different priorities in their lives than to know NPA planning, I guess.

It was on TV, in newspapers, etc. I cannot understand how they did not hear about it. My mom even knew!
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
said by donoreo:

It was on TV, in newspapers, etc. I cannot understand how they did not hear about it. My mom even knew!

What people see and what people believe to be relevant to their life and retain after seeing it are two entirely different things.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

1 recommendation

said by Gone:

said by donoreo:

What people see and what people believe to be relevant to their life and retain after seeing it are two entirely different things.

You mean like most threads on here?
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
said by donoreo:

You mean like most threads on here?

What are we talking about again?

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

said by donoreo:

I guarantee you most of the of the people that live in the eastern half of 905 still have no idea what 289 is.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
said by corster:

I guarantee you most of the of the people that live in the eastern half of 905 still have no idea what 289 is.

If they don't, that doesn't make much sense. Cobourg has just as many 289 prefixes as 905.

Even on the really rural west-end out in Dunnville and Cayuga they have 289s, and the real kicker is that they both have more 289s than 905s now.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC

1 edit
said by Gone:

said by corster:

If they don't, that doesn't make much sense. Cobourg has just as many 289 prefixes as 905.

Even on the really rural west-end out in Dunnville and Cayuga they have 289s, and the real kicker is that they both have more 289s than 905s now.

You got me there. I forgot that anything exists east of Oshawa

Lumped them in with 705 for some reason.

Last Parade

join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON
reply to Gone
said by Gone:

said by donoreo:

i got a PAYG Robbers cell phone with a 289 in 2003. I had no idea what I had just done.

And screw area code splits. I still remember my 416 Niagara Falls number.