spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Alaskanr

@gci.net

Hughsnet

We had Hughsnet for the last 4 years because that's the only thing that was available. The speed has never been fast. Customer service is poor. You get about 475mb, give or take, of download a day, which is their highest plan. Then when you've exceeded your limit, you can buy tokens. This is a huge pain. We spend way too much time (a couple hours each time) on the phone with customer service trying to figure out why it's so slow when we have 100% allowance for the day. The poor guy in India has no clue. Being in rural Alaska our phone service sometimes will disconnect without warning. Their customer service would not take a call back number, making it so we would have to call back and wait for someone else and explain our problem a second time. Now that we have another internet service provider in the area, we are canceling our service with Hughsnet......Not as easy as it sounds. Hughsnet requires us to fax a letter and than call back in three days to verbally cancel. WHAT!? I asked them if we could scan email, because we no longer have a fax. They said no. I said ok, give me your address to send it to. They said they don't have an address. What!? They don't do what they advertise and they make it difficult to cancel. Stay away from Hughsnet!!!!!

« Unreliability and no customer service