Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cooldude9919

join:2000-05-29
kudos:5
reply to Janemba

Re: 37% Ultra 100 Price increase??

As a result and to help offset the cost (and more) i will at least be cancelling my phone service with charter and going voip (leaning towards voip.ms). I may also lower my speed down as well, but we will see.

watts3000

join:2002-01-21
I would look at using the obi110 with free Google voice however Google does not offer e911 so you will have to sign up for a service that gives you e911. For e911 I use Anveo I think it's about 0.80 a month for 911 also some use Callcentric I've been running this for over a year with very good results you can't beat a free phone.

»www.amazon.com/OBi110-Service-Br···=obi+110

»www.amazon.com/OBi202-Phone-Adap···ords=obi

cooldude9919

said by watts3000:

I would look at using the obi110 with free Google voice however Google does not offer e911 so you will have to sign up for a service that gives you e911. For e911 I use Anveo I think it's about 0.80 a month for 911 also some use Callcentric I've been running this for over a year with very good results you can't beat a free phone.

Already got the obi110 on order, will be here Friday. I want to port my number from charter, which apparently you cant port landline numbers to google voice. Going to go with the metered plan with voip.ms so should only run ~$3-4 per month with e911 depending on usage, also got a promo code for only $10 for the number port.

watts3000

join:2002-01-21
Check out the below link of course you will have to check with your current cell provider to see if they will port your Charter number they normally have some webpage where you can check and see if your number can be ported

»cendeavors.hubpages.com/hub/How-···-for-000

cooldude9919

reply to cooldude9919
said by cooldude9919:

said by watts3000:

Already got the obi110 on order, will be here Friday. I want to port my number from charter, which apparently you cant port landline numbers to google voice. Going to go with the metered plan with voip.ms so should only run ~$3-4 per month with e911 depending on usage, also got a promo code for only $10 for the number port.

Up and running on voip.ms. Charter was crappy and just dropped the number for voip.ms to pickup without giving a FOC date, but luckily everything was super easy to setup, so i was up and going within like 20 minutes, including hooking up and setting up the obi. Connection to voip.ms chicago looks very nice (charter>nlayer>voip.ms) as nlayer is known for running a great network. Average phone bill including e911 should only run ~$3-$5 a month.

Looks like my discounts are expiring this month, so my 100mb will be $102.99 which is just too much. I am still on a customer owned modem, if i call to downgrade to 30mb will they force me onto a charter modem now?