Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

robgmartin

join:2013-01-03
Dahlonega, GA
reply to Brian_M

Re: @#$@#%#@!@^%ing worthless companies

Same here Brian. And from what I am to understand no competition is allowed in my county even though Windstream maintains otherwise.

The company I work for is growing a fiber network in and around Dahlonega. We're connected at Telx in Atlanta and extend up to the NC border. North of Dahlonega we have several thousand FTTH customers, but things slowed down the further south we went.

We're formed from electrical cooperatives and we're looking to go statewide if we can get support from more cooperatives. Put some pressure on your electrical cooperative and fiber may arrive sooner than you think.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:2

You are writing of companies like Flint EMC »www.flintenergies.com/, correct?

Who do I mention is the Point Of Contact in your group?
Are there any other contact points outside of that individual?
Does your group have a website? Do you have any friendly supportive representatives or senators in the Georgia State House or Georgia State Senate that should be contacted? What about the Georgia PSC? Any friendlies there?

The success of LUS Fiber, EPB Fiber, and other electric utilities in using the need for wired(fiber) smart electrical grid systems to additionally provide for internet service to residential, business, and government customers, is something I would encourage as a way to bring some serious competition to the wired ISP market. One difficult issue is that Flint EMC's electricity service boundaries do not line up neatly with the geographic political or government boundaries of central Georgia. Have any of your members had to deal with that issue? If so, how did they handle it?