Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rebrider
Been There Done That
Premium
join:2000-11-23

Skype Add on IN IE

Updated windows thru manual update today. It added Skype as an add on in IE even though it was not on the update page.
I uninstalled it. Anyone know why this happened?
I only use Widow update, not Microsoft update.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

Do you or have you ever had Skype installed on that machine?
I use Windows Update on Windows 7 64-bit. I have never been offered anything Skype related.

Rebrider
Been There Done That
Premium
join:2000-11-23

No. After updating it was there in manage add-ons. Acutually a window popped up asking me if I wanted to use it on a web page, that's how I found out it was on my computer.
I do not use any social network sites. My cell phone is just a phone. I don't text and refuse to use or allow any or"as much as I can" programs to track me. I don't have a clue as to why this happened. I only allow windows update not Microsoft update.
I've run Ccleaner, SuperAntispyware, Eusing, Malwarebytes and Add/remove programs to get rid of things I don't want.

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
reply to Rebrider

It has happened in the past...

Skype accidentally rolled out as an update by Microsoft's Windows Server Update Services
June 28, 2012
»www.theverge.com/2012/6/28/31228···-mistake
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

HarryH3
Premium
join:2005-02-21
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to Rebrider

Win7/64 here. Got the updates Tuesday. Just checked to be sure and no Skype stuff listed as IE add-ons on this system. Did you have Messenger installed before? It's been replaced with Skype so I wouldn't put it past MS to just push the "replacement" to Messenger users.

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big
reply to Rebrider

No Skype here either. Win7/64.