Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

I never get Comcast junk mail

I never get junk mail from Comcast because I'm a paying customer. As a matter of fact I subscribe to one of their higher end triple play packages (XF Triple Play Premiere) so they have no need to market to me. But if I were to be an HSI only subscriber, I'd probably be bombarded with telemarketing, junk mail, and door knockers. But if I did not have cable, TV would totally suck. If I did not have a home phone, the alarm could not dial out and I'd have a call drop after waiting on hold for an hour. The reason I subscribe to HSI is totally self-explanatory.

I prefer to use a landline for lengthy phone calls. Nothing pisses me off more than having a call drop after waiting on hold for an hour. I spent over an hour on the phone with Comcast yesterday provisioning my phone modem and I had to do so on my cell phone. The call dropped and I was so angry that I was tempted to smash my iPhone on the basement floor but fortunately I gave the CSR my cell phone number at the beginning of the call so they called me back. The rep I dealt with deserves employee of the month as he was good. I was in the basement at the time as that is where my phone modem is located but I had 2-3 bars of reception.

I got the modem provisioned and I returned the rented modems.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.