how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

modelamac

join:2002-04-13
Waterford, MI
reply to haroldo

Re: [iPhone] iPhone photos taking up iCloud space

If iCloud is almost full, one can buy more iCloud space, just as one would add an external HD to a Mac for more space. One can also do some house-cleaning to better utilize existing space. It is a matter of choices.

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1
I know, but that's not the point. Once the photos are optimized they'll be tons of space. I want to know if it's possible to do that without a computer, since the iDevice is designed to be used with the need for a computer.

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
I'm pretty sure that is the point -- you are supposed to buy more. Why else would Apple have set it up in the first place? I'm sure it wasn't to give away something for free.

Still, to answer your main point, when you sync with Itunes the photos are not just optimized. They are saved (archived in original resolution) and then a copy put back on the iPhone which is optimized for viewing on an iPhone. So for this to happen in iCloud you would still need the increased storage for the originals. I don't sync photos with iTunes as I don't want them to be messed with.

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
Thanks
So do you have large iCloud storage?

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
No -- Apple has gotten enough from me when I have been buying my devices and their share of the store when buying apps.