Search similar:

uniqs

dispatcher21
911 Where is your emergency?
join:2004-01-22
united state

dispatcher21

[WIN7] Issue with network printer

Have a client with 15 Windows 7 Pro x64 desktops. They all print to a Konica Minolta Bizhub350 that is on the network with its own IP. All 15 of the desktops is configured to use the printer the same, PCL6 drivers and all settings are similar. One desktop has now decided not to work. When a file is printed, the computer acts as though the print job completed correctly but nothing prints. No error messages. If you go into the printer properties and go through the setup process, it prints just fine but then randomly will stop. I have uninstalled the driver through the MMC, Snap In method and reinstalled the driver from scracth, same issue, and only on this one computer. Any ideas?

Kramer
Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA

Kramer

Mod

What's the status of the spool service when this happens? If you are not sure, you can pretty much answer this by answering whether other printers continue to function properly from this computer or whether the printer disappears from the printer list.

dispatcher21
911 Where is your emergency?
join:2004-01-22
united state

dispatcher21

Print spool is running no issues, and the printer icon has no warnings or other issues associated with it. Its the only printer this specific computer prints to. I think I may have figured it out. Konica Minolta has a strange driver package where ALL of their devices are in a child driver list and you have to associate a port with the specific device and if you ever go into the printer properties, it needs to be pretty much re-configured again. Actually found the manual online and learned a lot.

Kramer
Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA

Kramer

Mod

I think I just set up that copier on a couple of computers recently. If I remember correctly they had a universal driver for WIN7.

acehyde
Tired.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-14

acehyde to dispatcher21

Premium Member

to dispatcher21
My office used to have a Konica Minolta printer that would deal me fits when I tried to install it on client computers going through a print server. After removing all print mappings and installing the software on each client computer (rather than just the server), every client computer can print with no issues (seems like I remember we were having to supply user ID's when printing as well to log who was printing "too much" as well).