spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SeeDrs

join:2011-03-10
Chatham, ON

Cogeco says Start.ca throttles its users.

I currently have a friend who is going to be signing up for Start.ca cable internet. He is currently on Cogeco. While he was on the phone with Cogeco's retention department, the rep was trying to convince him to stay. One of his reasons were that Start.ca throttles their users internet connection. Knowing that Start does not throttle their internet is it illegal for Cogeco to lie like that to try and retain their customer?

rudeboy24

join:2002-10-14
Welland, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Start Communicat..
·Cogeco Cable

They tried that with me starting when i switched my phone to voip they tried to say that "voip uses bandwidth and you will go over your cap" then when i canceled my internet to switch to start they said i would have to get a bundle from start to get the same prices as cogeco ....i just laughed and said Start sells only internet what else is there to bundle ...lol

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
reply to SeeDrs

We've raised it a couple times and they always say it's a "coaching issue" and without an agent name thu can't do anything. Pretty unethical though.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to SeeDrs

Start does throttle in a way, you step on the start.ca throttle and your interwebs go FAST!!!!!!

rocca they don't need an agent name, tell them to open the damn account in question and look at the memos. If it's like Rogers all the employee info is tagged on the account the second the account is opened and there is no way to stop/remove it.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:9
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to rocca

said by rocca:

We've raised it a couple times and they always say it's a "coaching issue" and without an agent name thu can't do anything. Pretty unethical though.

If it's a coaching issue than their is a very easy fix;
1. Release a bulletin to all employees stating that Start.ca does not throttle users who get cable internet in the Cogeco area.
2. Remove the term throttling from the training for all new employees.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23

Oh believe me, I call shenanigans but without an agent name they refuse to address a specific issue.

rudeboy24

join:2002-10-14
Welland, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Start Communicat..
·Cogeco Cable
reply to SeeDrs

There losing customers like crazy so now there probably telling there CSR's to say stuff like that.

When i took my stuff to the post office to send back to GOUGEco the woman at the post office said "whats going on with cogeco? I've been getting cogeco boxes all day, im running out of room". I just laughed and said they are over priced and people are starting see that there gouging them. that's why there called GOUGEco ..lol

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

said by rudeboy24:

....that's why they're called GOUGEco ..lol

You're welcome ! (for the pet name)

Fortunately, their network itself is pretty solid.

Phorkster
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON
kudos:1
reply to SeeDrs

I learned long ago to get Agents names and times of calls. And if really important I record the conversation.

rogersmogers

@start.ca

said by Phorkster:

I learned long ago to get Agents names and times of calls. And if really important I record the conversation.

Recording does nothing. Anyone can fake a recording, people have done it in the past to get things they are not entitled too with providers.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

said by rogersmogers :

Recording does nothing. Anyone can fake a recording, people have done it in the past to get things they are not entitled too with providers.

Bullshit.

I record every call when dealing with any company that takes money from me. I've played a couple in court, and sent a few out to companies' legal departments for review. They do EVERYTHING, and do exactly what they're intended to do - be irrefutable proof.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged
Expand your moderator at work

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to Phorkster

Re: Cogeco says Start.ca throttles its users.

said by Phorkster:

I learned long ago to get Agents' names, and times of calls....

I do that part, plus I keep my own text log of what we covered in each call's conversation.

Sometimes I swear that I can HEAR an agent CRINGE (over the phone, no less) when I quote them from previous conversations with their co-workers, and challenge them to pull up THEIR tapes of those calls.

agtle

@teksavvy.com
reply to dillyhammer

said by dillyhammer:

said by rogersmogers :

Bullshit.

I record every call when dealing with any company that takes money from me. I've played a couple in court, and sent a few out to companies' legal departments for review. They do EVERYTHING, and do exactly what they're intended to do - be irrefutable proof.

Mike

I second your call of 'bullshit', if the company wants to accuse one of faking a recording, they have to *prove* it - presumption of good faith and so forth, basic principles of our legal system.