spc
uniqs

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to AB57

to AB57

Re: [NFL] Tebow: No future. The lastest info.

said by AB57:

said by Bleacher Report :

The team's grand plans for an unstoppable Wildcat package were grounded, as Rex Ryan and his coaching staff vastly overrated Tebow's abilities as both a runner and a thrower.

How would they know? When did they 'rate' him? They never put him in the game.

They 'rated' him in training camp and practices. And he wasn't nearly as good as they (wrongly) thought he would be when they traded for him.

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57

Premium Member

said by fatness:

said by AB57:

said by Bleacher Report :

The team's grand plans for an unstoppable Wildcat package were grounded, as Rex Ryan and his coaching staff vastly overrated Tebow's abilities as both a runner and a thrower.

How would they know? When did they 'rate' him? They never put him in the game.

They 'rated' him in training camp and practices. And he wasn't nearly as good as they (wrongly) thought he would be when they traded for him.

The Jets hadn't seen him play for Denver the previous year? Nobody had looked at any film from those games and evaluated him? They knew exactly what they were getting.

Tebow does what Tebow does. I can't believe his practices went much differently with the Jets than they did with Denver. Everybody knows he's a shit passer-- that's a given. I'll bet they gave him about as many practice snaps as they did game snaps-- very, very few.

It's not that I'm some big Tebow fan, I'm definitely not. I just don't buy for even a second the Jets' spin on what the whole Tebow issue was while on their team.
Tebow is Tebow. The fault for the hash that was his tenure in New York should be laid purely at the doorstep of Jets management and coaching, nowhere else.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness

said by AB57:

The Jets hadn't seen him play for Denver the previous year? Nobody had looked at any film from those games and evaluated him? They knew exactly what they were getting.

No, apparently they didn't know what they were getting. They overestimated either his ability to adapt to their offense or their ability to coach him, or both. It's only about the ten thousandth time a team has assessed a player wrongly.
quote:
Rex Ryan and his coaching staff vastly overrated Tebow's abilities as both a runner and a thrower.
Edited to add this much more thorough explanation of what I was saying:
said by Blogger:

They had watched Tebow play in Denver. They knew he was a terrible passer. As accurately mentioned many times previously everyone knew that and everyone knew that just his basic mechanical physical throwing motion was non adequate to be an effective passer. It was believed that some coaching on his throwing mechanics and motion combined with practice could improve that significantly. However, despite dedicated efforts in scrimmages and practice with a dedicated commitment to the Wildcat in that the Jets ran it in scrimmages and practice to develop it and improve both it and Tebow it was a disaster.

Tebow failed to improve his woeful painfully poor throwing ability. With the repeated practices and scrimmages it became clear that Tebow was also not as good of a runner* as believed or evaluated from his limited exposure in Denver.

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57

Premium Member

said by fatness:

said by AB57:

No, apparently they didn't know what they were getting. They overestimated either his ability to adapt to their offense or their ability to coach him, or both. It's only about the ten thousandth time a team has assessed a player wrongly.
quote:
Rex Ryan and his coaching staff vastly overrated Tebow's abilities as both a runner and a thrower.
Edited to add this much more thorough explanation of what I was saying:
said by Blogger:

They had watched Tebow play in Denver. They knew he was a terrible passer. As accurately mentioned many times previously everyone knew that and everyone knew that just his basic mechanical physical throwing motion was non adequate to be an effective passer. It was believed that some coaching on his throwing mechanics and motion combined with practice could improve that significantly. However, despite dedicated efforts in scrimmages and practice with a dedicated commitment to the Wildcat in that the Jets ran it in scrimmages and practice to develop it and improve both it and Tebow it was a disaster.

Tebow failed to improve his woeful painfully poor throwing ability. With the repeated practices and scrimmages it became clear that Tebow was also not as good of a runner* as believed or evaluated from his limited exposure in Denver.

Right. So, either this Bleacher Report blogger has intimate personal and inside knowledge of events that lead to what became the Tebow fiasco situation, or he's parroting the CYA-speak of Ryan and the Jets organization as to why that situation went so poorly.

I might tend to lean towards door #2 on this one, but of course that's just me.