how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

How to stop Insight junk mail?

I'm getting one letter from Insight a week in my mailbox (USPS, not email) about trying to get me to sign up.

I've tried twice calling the toll free number and speaking with a customer service person telling them I want the junk mail to stop but it just doesn't stop. I've given my name and address to them both times.

This is getting bad. I'm tired of getting Insight letters in the mail and having to throw them out. No other company spams me this much.. not even car insurance companies!

How do I get them to stop sending me junk mail?

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57
Reviews:
·Comcast

Opt out

»www.myinsight.com/Help-broadband···7062.asp
»www.insightbb.com/terms_conditio···greement
»www.myinsight.com/CustomerPrivacy.asp

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

Again I'm not talking about email spam.

I'm talking about snail mail spam. U.S. Post Office spam in my real mailbox.

I'm throwing out a lot of paper every week.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

I read your post correctly - the above also relates to "snail mail" or usps mailbox receipts / first class U.S. postal mail to Customer's address of record or e-mail address on Insight's account records

quote:
As noted in the third bullet above, the Cable Act authorizes us as a cable operator to disclose limited personally identifiable information to others, such as charities, marketing organizations, or other businesses, for cable or non-cable "mailing list" or other purposes. From time to time we may disclose your name and address for these purposes. However, you have the right to prohibit or limit this kind of disclosure by notifying us in writing at Insight's local office. Any "mailing list" and related disclosures that we may make are limited by the Cable Act to disclosures of subscriber names and addresses and may not reveal, directly or indirectly, (i) the extent of any viewing or other use by the subscriber of a cable service or other service provided by us; or (ii) the nature of any transaction made by the subscriber over our cable system.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this privacy policy, or wish to contact us about your personal information, please contact us at the following address:

Insight Communications
810 Seventh Avenue, 41st Floor
New York, New York 10019
Attention: Legal Department

I've also been on the receiving end from a wireless cellphone company - and resolved it. Be aware they will tell you "up to 30 days to fully resolve".

--
~Safe Hex~ Team Discovery ~ Project Hope ~ Like A Hurricane~